Tire Pressure System Light On Again

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
dudkas
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35x
2007 Nissan 350Z Roadster...6 Speed...sweet

I have an 07 350Z Touring convertible and I have owned this car for about 4 years. The only real issue I have had is the TPS warning light. It flashes for about 30-60 seconds then stays on steady. Let me give you some history:
Car is 2007 350Z Convertible Touring with 87,000 Kilometres. No winters and stored from Oct to May
In the early days of owning this car I performed the reset function many times. It did work for some time then the light would come on periodically and sometimes go out on its own. The sure thing is it would come back on. I connected an extension wire to the white reset wire so I don't have to take the passenger side apart.
I purchased and changed the TP sensors in each wheel. The light went away for 20 minutes.
I have checked for bad grounds and checked to see if the car had a history and someone modified the wiring. No, everything is original.
I have check the BCM for visual issues and my keyless entry module is under the passenger dash. Nothing obvious
I have AllData which isn't the friendliest software to use but I think I understand the flow from the TPS to the keyless Entry to the BCM to the light in the speedo. Aldata tells me there is a fault in the system when it reacts this way.

Does anyone have any logical troubleshooting advice without cutting white wires?

Thanks

dudkas
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35x
2007 Nissan 350Z Roadster...6 Speed...sweet

As a quick update, the dealer scanned my tire sensors and we found a past fault with the LR wheel TPS. We changed it and all is much better. I have had the light come on again but only when I had a cell charger plugged into the Cig Lighter. Nissan has a SB about that. I now use the rear Cig lighter for my cell and no lights.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”