tire pressure sensor

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
twodog35
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35X

i have an 05 infiniti g35x, is there a way to recalibrate the tire pressure sensors? or what they are set at?

thanks!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Okay, let's back up a bit. What are you trying to accomplish? Is the system not working right? Or are you attempting to modify the system to accept a different PSI than what is currently in the system?

If you just need the system to register each tire correctly, generally all you should need to do is drive at a speed of no less than 50 mph for about 10 miles. If that doesn't work, try disconnecting the battery for about a half hour, then repeat the driving sequence.

However, if your intention is to get the system to readout at a pressure other than what it's programed for, that can't be done.

twodog35
Car: 2005 Infiniti G35X

i guess i am trying to find out at what tire pressure is the system at> i am not looking to modify it. the sticker inside the drivers door says tires should be at 30psi
all four tires are currently at 32-35 psi. yet the tires low air pressure comes on after driving for a bit.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Okay, got it.

I'd try the battery disconnect routine. Unplugging the battery will reset the system, but you'll loose your presets. Then drive the car at highway speed until it resets. If it doesn't work then one or more of your sensors may be defective.

One final thought. Make sure you're using a quality tire pressure gauge to take the readings with.

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”