TIRE PRESSURE RESET INSTRUCTIONS

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
SIDVICIOUS
Car: GOLF, NEW SON,

WELL I AM GETTING A NEW TIRE FROM TIRE RACK...THEY SHIPPED IT SAME DAY SO I SHOULD GET IT TODAY. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO RESET THE TIRE PRESSURE INFORMATION SETTINGS. IT SAYS YOU NEED TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALER BUT MY LOCAL STATION IS GOING TO MOUNT/BALANCE THE TIRES SO I FIGURE GET THE SETTING FIXED TO!

SIDVICIOUS

NEVERMIND...I DID SOME RESEARCH AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED A SPECIAL RESET TOOL BY INFINITI

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Remember to have the installer be careful about the wheel pressure transmitter when the tire is removed from the wheel and when the new tire is installed!

Do you have the M45 service manual pages where it talks about the correct procedures for this? If not, let me know (with correct e-mail address) and I will e-mail these pages to you!

Z

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Hello Sid

You might check this thread out.. The NY/NJ guys are getting together for a quickie meethttp://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=127805

szh

SIDVICIOUS wrote:NEVERMIND...I DID SOME RESEARCH AND IT LOOKS LIKE YOU NEED A SPECIAL RESET TOOL BY INFINITI
You only need to reset the transmitter if the wheel is being replaced, as far as I know. These procedures need a CONSULT, I think (can look it up in the service manual if you want.)

With just a tire change, a reset should not be necessary, I would think!

Z

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

There are generic reset tools that puport to be able to reset all manufacturer's sensors. I would make sure any tire shop I went to had one of these and considered it a part of the job to reset the sensors. They will be government mandated not too long from now.

szh

DAEDALUS wrote:There are generic reset tools that puport to be able to reset all manufacturer's sensors. I would make sure any tire shop I went to had one of these and considered it a part of the job to reset the sensors.
Daedalus, could you elaborate a bit more? I wanna learn!

Why is a reset needed when the tire is replaced and what is done to reset the sensor?

Z

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

I only know what the shiny tool catalogs tell me.

http://www.thetoolwarehouse.ne....html

These crooks get almost as much of my paycheck as Joe does!

EDIT: Just kidding--they're not crooks. Just got a shipment yesterday that included a kick-*** on-engine valve spring compressor. This is at least the 3rd one I've bought. None of the others will work on the VH45DE heads. Not enough room to work in there. I love new tools. Just like Christmas morning.

szh

DAEDALUS wrote:I only know what the shiny tool catalogs tell me.

http://www.thetoolwarehouse.ne....html
Ah, yes! Now I know what this is!

It allows you to activate the transmitter when the tires are rotated (or wheel is replaced) ... to reset the system to recognize the particular I.D.s sent by each transmitter.

As I also recall, there is a procedure in the service manual to avoid having to use this tool. Basically, you set each tire's pressure to a different value for each tire location and drive for a while - might still need a Consult though. Then, after the system recognizes the transmitter ID, you return the pressure to normal values!

I will search for this in the M45 Service Manual ... but I will also make a guess that Sidvicious does not need this for a tire replacement. He just has to be careful to not damage the transmitter when the old tire is removed!

Z

SIDVICIOUS

WELL I DEFINATELY NEED TO GET THE DEALER TO RESET THE SENSORS NEXT TIME I GO IN FOR SERVICE. I HAD A COMPLETE BLOWOUT SO THATS PROB WHY I NEED TO RESET. PLUS I HAD THE GARAGE SWITCH THE TIRES SO THE TWO NEW ONES, (THE SPARE(NEW) & NEW ONE) ARE NOW BOTH ON THE REAR. THE GUY TRIES TO DO THE RESET WITH HIS "UNIVERSAL" TRANSMITTER BUT IT WOULD NOT WORK. THANKS GUYS FOR THE HELP!

I ALSO LOOKED AT A 2003 G35 FOR THE WIFE LAST NIGHT WITH 38,000 MILES ON IT, ORIGINAL OWNER AND HE WANTS $22,000. I WAS THINKING OF OFFERING $16,000 AND IT WOULD BE A GOOD BUY BUT I DOUBT HE WOULD TAKE IT. NOTHING TO LOSE I GUESS SINCE HE IS RICH AND MIGHT THINK ABOUT IT!

I WILL CHECK OUT INFO ON THE NJ MEET! THANKS AGAIN

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

my new X-Terra requires a computer reset, I'm sure hoping that there is some easier way but the truck had a blow-out and I had to take it to the dealership to get it reset. They did it under warranty, but I suspect 8 years from now that yellow light will always be on.

SIDVICIOUS

SH*T, JUST GOT THE TIRES SET -UP AND WOULDN'Y YOU KNOW IT I WAS OUT TO LUNCH TODAY AND GOT A 1/2 INCH BOLT RIGHT THROUGH THE CENTER IF THE TREAD...........TIRE RACK HERE I COME!

russg

Sid:

The tire pressure sensing system only needs to be reset on your car if you permanently alter which four of the five wheels are on the ground. This obviously means that the spare is put into service. Examples:

1. Rotate tires 4 existing tires on the ground leaving spare in trunk. No reset required.

2. Temporarily use spare due to flat, but return spare to trunk after flat is repaired. System will be inoperable while spare is on the ground, but will return to life when damaged tire is repaired or replaced using original wheel and returned to service. No reset required.

3. Buy 4 new tires and mount to original wheels, leaving spare in trunk. No reset required.

The sensor system on your car is not position specific, other than being set to the same four wheels on the ground in any of the four corners.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”