Tire pressure monitoring- Install?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
martutz
Car: Versa 2008

Hi,

It might sound stupid...but here is my question. I have a Versa 2008 without Tire pressure monitoriny system. I would like to install one. Is it possible? (as you can see I am not a car-wise woman)

Thanks!

feloniousmonk

martutz wrote:Hi,

It might sound stupid...but here is my question. I have a Versa 2008 without Tire pressure monitoriny system. I would like to install one. Is it possible? (as you can see I am not a car-wise woman)

Thanks!
Honestly, I see no reason to go through the expense and trouble to retrofit this unless your government is making you. Keeping a decent tire gauge in the glove box and checking the pressure every 6 months or so is far more effective and reliable than trusting a bunch of electronics to turn on a light.

Here in the states we are forced to have such "nanny" systems when simple owner/driver vigilance will do. All the system amounts to is more things to go wrong, more expenses to pay (when the gorilla at the tire shop messes them up) when using a simple $20 gauge and use of a free air pump at the gas station works perfectly.

bigdog
Car: 2007 versa s 2007 xterra 1982 dodge truck

you can get a gauge for less than $5.00. Lol,anyway it ashame people cant take responability for themseves,but the goverment can. What ashame!

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”