Tire pressure monitor question for new rims and snowtires

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
rmmsmd

Hi everyone,I have a 45 sport and just bought 18 inch rims and snow tires. I called Infiniti to findout what will happen with the new rims without the sensors, will a light stay on, alarm sound each time car is started and so on. Infiniti stated since this is a modification they could not legally comment. My dealer has no idea what the effect will be and Tire Rack was cluless as well. Does anyone know what will happen? I searched the forums and did not find an answer. Does anyone know how to disable the sensors? I would rather not purchase four more for the snows.Thanks rmmsmd

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

People deal with this on the G35... its probably not a big deal, youll just get the light coming on. I dont think theres any way to disable or trick the pressure sensors, maybe there is??? Ill look around on the G35 areas and see what i can find.

jrosseau
Car: M35 Sport

When I purchased my M35 sport, I took the 20" rims of my lexus and put them on it. They guys they switched them re-hooked up the tire pressure sensors, at a cost of course

Nice to have it on.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

jrosseau wrote:When I purchased my M35 sport, I took the 20" rims of my lexus and put them on it. They guys they switched them re-hooked up the tire pressure sensors, at a cost of course

Nice to have it on.
The Lexus wheels fitted? I am surprised ... the center bore of Lexus is diffierent from Nissan/Infiniti hubs. Did you use a centering ring? If so, you may need to be concerned that this will cause problems down the road.

What did you do with the 19" Infiniti rims?

And, oh yes, welcome to NICO!

Z

jrosseau
Car: M35 Sport

I had Momo 20"s on the Lexus....and yes, they fit fine on the Lexus and the M. As far as the 19"s from the Infiniti, I'm looking to sell them.

And thanks for the welcome!

James

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

By the way, everybody, please be aware that the tire pressure monitor sensors can be damaged if the tires are not removed properly! I do not what these cost to repair/replace, but this is one problem you all should try to avoid!

In other words, when doing the tire replacement at any third-party shop, please make sure that they are reputable and careful and tell them about the sensors!

Z

JerseyEd25
Car: 2006 M35

I never took my sensors off the wheels on my car. I added 20's and did not hook them up. I have them on the 19's, which will be my wheels. all I get is the light on, which is not a big deal at all

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”