Tire pressure monitor on Nav?

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Can anyone confirm if this exists on any of the coupe models? I originally thought it did and after buying mine, I couldn't find it. I dismissed it thinking I must have misread or misunderstood. But then someone on FA mentioned the NAV book he has showed a picture of a selection for it. So I looked back at my 04 brochure and sure enough, there is a picture of the NAV screen showing "Tire Pressure" as a selection in the maintenance menu. So it seems my original assumption was correct. When I had read through the brochure, it was one of the reasons the NAV system seemed to enticing to me. It's still cool to have and all, but I think it was rather misleading. Of course there is a disclaimer in the brochure for this kind of thing, but I think if they never had this available in 04 and especially if they did not in 03, it would be unreasonable to have ever put that picture in the 04 brochure. I'm thinking of calling Infiniti to discuss this, but I wanted to get some background first.

Thanks in advance.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I know that they added the tire pressure monitor in 04. I know that I don't have it in my 03. I am pretty sure that it would be included in the maintenance pages on the Nav unit.

C-Kwik

Interestingly, looking at the wheels, the valve stems look rather odd. I'm thinking it has the sensors inside.

C-Kwik

So I called up infiniti today. The customer service lady says it's supposed to be on there and insisted I ask the dealer to show me wear it is. I'll be calling them tomorrow.

Nowhere
Car: Suzuki x-90, samurai

C-Kwik wrote:Can anyone confirm if this exists on any of the coupe models? I originally thought it did and after buying mine, I couldn't find it. I dismissed it thinking I must have misread or misunderstood. But then someone on FA mentioned the NAV book he has showed a picture of a selection for it. So I looked back at my 04 brochure and sure enough, there is a picture of the NAV screen showing "Tire Pressure" as a selection in the maintenance menu. So it seems my original assumption was correct. When I had read through the brochure, it was one of the reasons the NAV system seemed to enticing to me. It's still cool to have and all, but I think it was rather misleading. Of course there is a disclaimer in the brochure for this kind of thing, but I think if they never had this available in 04 and especially if they did not in 03, it would be unreasonable to have ever put that picture in the 04 brochure. I'm thinking of calling Infiniti to discuss this, but I wanted to get some background first.

Thanks in advance.
I can't help you on the navi, but ULTRA late model '03 (depends on your production date!) has tire pressure sensors.. The 06/03 can be classified as an '04 but may be sold as the '03 (not in sales, can't confirm..).

Prod.M/Y:0804- Specification: Trim color: Per Veh:04 Body color:

S +C

Prod.M/Y:0603-1003 Specification: Trim color: Per Veh:04 Body color:

S +C.(BASIC+TRACK) Prod.M/Y:1003-0804 Specification: Trim color: Per Veh:04 Body color:

S +C

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

I have a 2005 coupe but in my nav book I think there is a statement that says the tire Pressure on the Nav screen is on the Q45 model? I can't remember.

I know that on mine, it is not on my navigation screen but is on my instrument cluster, just above the temp gauge. If the tire is low this light in the shape of a circle with an ! in the middle comes on and that alerts me that I have a low tire.

I don't know but maybe it is the same set up on your model. I don't think the tire pressure options has ever been on the nav menu on the G35's but I could be wrong. Let some air out of your tire and see if a light on the instrument panel comes on. Keep us posted.

BW

Nowhere
Car: Suzuki x-90, samurai

J-Owner wrote:I have a 2005 coupe but in my nav book I think there is a statement that says the tire Pressure on the Nav screen is on the Q45 model? I can't remember.

I know that on mine, it is not on my navigation screen but is on my instrument cluster, just above the temp gauge. If the tire is low this light in the shape of a circle with an ! in the middle comes on and that alerts me that I have a low tire.

I don't know but maybe it is the same set up on your model. I don't think the tire pressure options has ever been on the nav menu on the G35's but I could be wrong. Let some air out of your tire and see if a light on the instrument panel comes on. Keep us posted.

BW
Correct, all G's have the tire pressure light on the INSTRUMENT cluster....

04G35guy

J-Owner wrote:I have a 2005 coupe but in my nav book I think there is a statement that says the tire Pressure on the Nav screen is on the Q45 model? I can't remember.

BW
This is the same as on my G35 (2004 sedan). About a week after I bought it there was a (!) illuminated on my instrument panel and an annoying sound going off right as I was leaving town on a 1200 mile round trip drive to Georgia. Well I went into my glovebox to get the manual to see what it was...no manual, only a nav manual which had no record of a tire pressure sensor linked to the nav system. Luckily I live about 3 miles from the dealer and there was a salesman there early who helped me with my dilemma. He let me know that it was a tire air pressure alarm and that I should not worry because it was cool that night and the tires may have been lower than when I get going. He told me my owners manual was velcroed in my trunk...it wasn't. I never got an owners manual when I picked up the car. They ordered me one and now it is in the trunk where it should be. I made it fine down to Atlanta and never have heard the air pressure alarm since that day.

Jdm05GT350

I've had my 05 coupe for 2 weeks now and the tire pressure light just came on tonight. Along with a 10 second beeping noise. I checked the tire pressure on each tire and they were all fine. Will the light on my instrument cluster go off by itself or do I have to reset it somehow?

C-Kwik

Have the dealer check it out under warranty. My understanding is that a faulty sensor will also trigger a light. In either case, it should be covered by warranty if there is a problem with the system...which sounds like the case since your tire pressures are good.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Jdm05GT350 wrote:I've had my 05 coupe for 2 weeks now and the tire pressure light just came on tonight. Along with a 10 second beeping noise. I checked the tire pressure on each tire and they were all fine. Will the light on my instrument cluster go off by itself or do I have to reset it somehow?
What tire pressure do you have the tires set at? The usual manufacturer recommendations tend to be lower than optimal ...

You might also want to make sure that the pressure gauge you are using is in good condition and calibrated ...

Z

DoriftoNismo
Car: 98 kouki Black & 03 G35 Sedan

i think im kind of late on this reply. but the sure fire way of telling that u do have TPMS (tire pressure Monitor Sensors) is the valve stems are metal and it looks like its been bolted into the wheel. also when it beeps it could be a bad sensor... flat tire...or when the tire pressure is cold. also on the Navi it should display tire pressure under the Maint. setting. keep it on that screen when u drive it should display each of the tires pressure. the dealer can test if have a bad sensor or if u got a flat! but it should be under warrnty. i'd go into details but i'd waste time.!

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

Wrong info.......The nav screen DOES NOT display tire pressure info.

It is displayed on the instrument cluster.

FYI

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”