tire and wheel package paid for itself

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
combatcraig
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35MT, 2005 Dodge Ram 4x4, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2001 Suzuki GSX-R1000

Yesterday I was driving my 06'MT and I got the "low tire pressure light". I pulled over and looked and none of the tires "looked" low so I checked all the pressures. Three of them were at 38 psi and the right rear was at 27.5 and upon further inspection I noticed there was a nail near the outer edge of tread. I filled the tire up to 40psi and took it to the dealer this morning (its a slow leak). The dealer is going to replace the tire (had to order it) since they don't plug tires if the damage is near the sidewall (said they didn't want to accept the liability). The tire and wheel package warranty that cost $399 just paid for itself and since I took it back to the dealer I won't have to pay anything out of pocket and get reimbursed later. I'm going to have my right front rim's curb rash fixed, too ($150). Fellas if you didn't buy this, you might want to reconsider. Was money well spent in my case.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

I agree. I bought it with my coupe as well and I have had both rear tires replaced FOR FREE over the last four months due to nails.

I feel very fortunate that I purchased this as it has already saved me about $700. Very thankful for tirexm!!!!!

It does suck that these tires only last 15K though. I don't burn rubber or anything and have been careful to TRY and extend the life of the tires but this last rear tire they replaced last week was completely bald and I have 16,050 miles on my odometer. I guess that is the price you pay for driving a sports car.

Later,Brandon

combatcraig
Car: 2006 Infiniti G35MT, 2005 Dodge Ram 4x4, 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2001 Suzuki GSX-R1000

Cannot believe this. The dealer didn't have any tires to replace it. They only sell like 4 kinds of cars and they don't have these tires? Now I have to wait two weeks, give or take as they're on "backorder". Guess I'll keep nursing it (fill it up with air every day since the leak is slow).

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”