Tips on Crank Angle Sensor Bracket Removal

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
StitchedQ
Car: 1991 Infiniti Q45

I'm in the process of resealing the valve covers on my 91, and for the driver side cover, it looks like the area around the crank angle sensor bracket is leaking. So I wanted to remove the bracket to reseal (not to mention clean the mating surface where the valve cover meets with it), which the ESM shows its removable and resealable (EM-15 in the ESM), but I cannot get this thing to budge.

I can't find a good pry point to get any leverage to separate the RTV. Just wondering if anyone has any tricks for getting this thing off or do I need to remove the upper timing cover with the bracket attached and then separate it off the car?

StitchedQ
Car: 1991 Infiniti Q45

Well as it typically goes for questions like this, I just had to apply more force.

I did find that going at it from the side where the airbox is located with a thin screwdriver and hammer was enough to dislodge it enough to then work around it with a screwdriver to break it free.

In my case, whoever resealed it previously applied silicone everywhere, instead of in the designated groove, so that probably contributed to it being extra difficult to remove.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”