Timing Setting For ka24E

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Zerodhero

I finished rebuilding my ka24e in my 90 240, and I want to verify the timing settings, but I can't find them listed anywhere. According to the manual, their should be a sticker under the hood, but there isn't. Does anyone have these figures?

bruinbear714

your crank pulley should line up 2nd mark from the left indicating that #1 cylinder is at tdc.

Your cam sprocket dot should be pointing at 3 oclock and the rectangular notch near the center should be parallel with the head.

On the timing chain there might be two shiney links while the rest are dull - the two shiney links should be directly on the teeth of the dots on the cam sprocket and crank sprocket.

That's it for valve/crank timing. As for distributor timing, if you didn't mark the position before you pulled out the shaft, you can re-align it by lining up the arrow on the oil pump with the dot on the shaft. install it carefully so that the shaft doesn't rotate when you push it all the way in. The dist. rotor should point somewhere around 4:30 oclock if its lined up properly. If its pointing at 5:30 or 3:30 then it will be misaligned and your engine will run like crap.

driftn240
Car: umm, cars, computers, car audio

factory spec timing is 15degrees before top dead center. This should be the 3rd hash from the left on your crank pulley. hope this helps.

Zerodhero

thanks, that is the info I was looking for

driftn240
Car: umm, cars, computers, car audio

Glad to see you got the helpyou needed. If you know anyone good with the real technical stuff, I have a post up under, other 240's, Technical string No start on '90 240, Fuel, Air, spark,no go. Any help with this problem is greatly appreciated. Keep Driftn

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”