timing issues

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
kimpton9889
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx SE Coupe With KA24DET

i just got done building my KAT and i am having a few issues. for one thing what is the easiest way to remove the oil pan bc my gasket is leaking horribly also the get the car to run right the distubutor is turned twards the core support passed the max for the bolts. do i have to advance or retard the timing any? and i cant use a timing light bc i have an underdrive crank pully so no timing marks on it.

chillmieste
Car: 97 240sx KA-T

s13 and s 14 slightly different when doing the pan. I like to jack up the trans on the bellhousing, unbolt motor mounts to get enough space then the pan should be a breeze to take out. Not sure what tune your using, but stock timing is 20 degrees, but if inserted correctly you should have more than enough space to bolt it up. I would use a scan tool if you dont have the timing marks or u should even hook back up the old crank pully and get a timing light. Ignition timing very important, if not done right ur car wont start or if not at the correct timing( depending on ur tune) could cause u detonation. be careful as ur long hours of work could go to waste.

kimpton9889
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx SE Coupe With KA24DET

well its an s13 with no tune stock ecu

chillmieste
Car: 97 240sx KA-T

Not tryin to sound like an a** but the stickes at the top of the page should be able to help you out with the route ur going either fmu or safc or w/e u feel like doin.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”