timing chain problems????

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
keepsgoing
Car: 1992 D21 ka24e 2wd 5speed king cab

I have a 92 ka24e in a hardbody. when I start it sounds fine, after it warms up it starts ticking or rattling gets louder and softer. The noise is coming from the front of the engine top and louder on the bottom. no loss of power. The noise gets quieter when the engine revs up.The lifters or tappers are all working fine I pulled them out and checked. My next Idea was the timing chain and tensioners and guides, but everbody says they hear slap and rattle on start up and then it goes away. My problem is the opposite, sounds fine on start up and starts being noisy after warm up.
Any help would be appreciated.

A little about the truck. 265000 miles on entire truck first time i have had an engine problem. I have owned and used truck as a daily driver since 1999 it had 45000 miles on it when i bought it. The original air conditioning charge is still in the system and works better than my wifes 04 dodge. This has been the best vehicle I have ever owned, only had to do basic up keep until just recently. Had noise in trans and pulled it, and found the front bearing was bad(half the rollers were missing). The rest of the tranny looked great the sychros were not even badly worn. So I put a bearing and seal kit in and a week later it starts this.

chris1212
Car: 1996 240sx

time for a complete rebuild

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”