timing chain oiler pin

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
92 hbody
Car: 1992 Nissan Hardbody 4x4

Hey guys, I'm putting a new ka24e in my truck, bought it off craigslist for $400. When I pulled the oil pan off, there was a lot of rattling in the oil pan (*GULP*), and there was probably at least half of the old timing chain guides.... and the timing chain oiler pin. I looked in the nissan manual that's on our forum (which has become an absolute cructh and wealth of info:), and there's nowhere that I found that it actually mentions this part, other than in a flow chart diagram in the lubrication section.

I have an older ka24e that I got when I bought the truck (absolutely cooked block), and it has the oiling pin in tact...

a. How do I extract the oiler from the old block

b. How do I extract the oiler from the new block (easy out work?)

c. How do I install the oiler pin in the new motor

THANKS A TON!

Razi
Car: Moo

By oiler, do you mean the oil pump?
I haven't taken a truck KA apart before so I'm not sure what an oiler pin is.

S13_RB25
Car: A 240 but no RB yet!

If im reading this right, he might be talking about the little pin that goes in front of the block right above the crank. It has a little hole in the bottom, facing the crank, and oil comes through the block > then through the back of the pin and out the hole facing the crank. I think it lubes the crank gear!

92 hbody
Car: 1992 Nissan Hardbody 4x4

Thanks s13, and yes, you are absolutely correct, except, my pin has 2 holes, 2 on 1 side, and 1 hole 90deg adjacent... I'm thinking the 2 holes must point at the crank gear...?

S13_RB25
Car: A 240 but no RB yet!

Can we get a pic of the holes your talking about??

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”