Timing chain 1995 Altima. Tips?

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
pawndave
Car: 1995 Nissan Altima 2.4 liter

Im going to go at the timing chain replacement myself, never done this before. Its a 95 altima 2.4 liter which sits sideways. I needs some tips or step by step on how to conquer this chore. What tools will i need, will i need to lift the engine a little bit, or lower it? Does anyone have any step by step pics that they could help me out with? It obvious that the tensioner is gone bad as it clanks, and there is one heck of an oil leak as well. Im hoping that the oil leak is associated with the timing cover of something??? And clues? Any tips on what to, and not to do would be great. I dont have the money to take it to a shop unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

Tensioners don't go out as often as the side timing chain guide.

I would recommend the OEM guide as opposed to the plastic ones most cheaper kits come with.

Use some sort of temp locktite on the bolts you install... yoyu don't want them wiggling loose and falling on your lower sprocket and what not.

google nicoclub timing chain write up and follow it and you sould be fine. as far as FWD tips IDK.

pawndave
Car: 1995 Nissan Altima 2.4 liter

breadbox wrote:Tensioners don't go out as often as the side timing chain guide.

I would recommend the OEM guide as opposed to the plastic ones most cheaper kits come with.

Use some sort of temp locktite on the bolts you install... yoyu don't want them wiggling loose and falling on your lower sprocket and what not.

google nicoclub timing chain write up and follow it and you sould be fine. as far as FWD tips IDK.

Where do i get an OEM guide?

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

you can use the plastic ones but I don't like them personally.

I got mine at a Dealership Parts division.

Google courtesy nissan they are solid and ship quick.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”