Tiger Woods. Image Ruined

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
UpStar
Car: Y34,CLK500,ML350,H2 Hummer & they all have a spot in the garage.

The news media is hungry for a story and so is the sports media. Bastards!! I really hadn’t paid too much attention to this, but when I turn to CNN or ESPN I see and hear people begging for Tiger Woods to come forward with an answer to why he crashed his SUV at 2:30am. ESPN this morning has these 4 talking heads who are saying that his image could be ruined by this if he doesn’t step forward with a story of some sort. They even went as far as to throw in the David Letterman(sp) episode. I guess my point is that Im not distracted by what happened. He crashed an SUV and hit a tree and fire hydrant. SO WHAT! He is still the greatest in my book.
Modified by UpStar at 6:01 PM 4/5/2010

Gabes13
Car: rb20det s13

UpStar wrote: He is still the greatest in my book.
Ditto.

People are obsessed with celebrities.People are people, they have accidents, they make mistakes.Big whoop. I don't care if he was drunk, tired or mad at his wife....It's really none of our business.

andrez
Car: 1990 300zx na / 1995 f-150 4x4 / 05 focus xr4 99 blazer s-10 jacked

is everyone so fkn perfect in this world that they can judge someones mistakes ....forget that the media is a bunch of blood sucking low lifes reporting every ones miseries but for us to react to this tells us .....we need to get a life!!!!!!

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

100% agreed.

What happened on private property is no one's biz.

If you dropped a plate in your kitchen, do you have to PROVE that it wasn't domestic violence? Nope.

His yard, his car, his business.

Move along, nosy-a$$ loser gossipmongers.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

AZhitman wrote:100% agreed.

What happened on private property is no one's biz.

If you dropped a plate in your kitchen, do you have to PROVE that it wasn't domestic violence? Nope.

His yard, his car, his business.

Move along, nosy-a$$ loser gossipmongers.
I agree to an extent, but it's also human nature to be curious when someone so famous gets caught in an embarrassing situation and does a poor job covering it up.

And having a wife chase after a celeb golfer ironically with a golf club smashing out the rear window in anger while on public property is an amusing story.

possible conversation just prior to the incidentwife: Tiger, if I died, would you remarry?tiger: Uh, I guess so. I don't knowWife: And if you did remarry, would you sleep with that new wife in our bed?Tiger. I've never thought about it. but since it's such a wonderful bed. I suppose so.Wife: Would you let her use my golf clubs?Tiger. Of course not, dummy , she's left handed.

UpStar

Alright, $145 fine, 4 point on his drivers license and no charges pressed. Amen!!! Now lets move on!

andrez
Car: 1990 300zx na / 1995 f-150 4x4 / 05 focus xr4 99 blazer s-10 jacked

ditto that

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:Alright, $145 fine, 4 point on his drivers license and no charges pressed. Amen!!! Now lets move on!
...to the bad Tiger Woods jokes!

Ones I;ve heard thus far...

Whats the difference a Caddy Escalade and a golf ball?Tiger can drive a golf ball over 400 yards

What were Tiger and his wife doing at 2:30 am?

Clubbing.

Tiger's new movie?

Crouching Tiger, hidden hydrant/

There was a rumor that Phil Mickleson contacted Tigers wife for tips on beating Tiger.

What does Tiger Woods and a baby seal have in common?Both were clubbed by Norweigans.

UpStar

damn! I wish I could delete this thread.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:damn! I wish I could delete this thread.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Stupid move by Mr. Woods.

Not only has he screwed up royally in his own household, but his endorsements are now (and should be) in jeopardy.

Seriously, how freaking hard is it to just behave?!?

He should have come out up-front and explained himself, to deflate the rumor mill... It's not like people won't dig it up.

So, another sports "hero" proves he can't keep his pants on.

He's a dumbass. Good thing he can play golf, because he's too damn stupid to do anything else.

RCA

To be honest, I could care less about Tiger Woods. He is a great player and that is all I can remember. He didn't become famous because he is super sqeeky clean and because he has the most perfect family life...He is famous because he plays a wicked game of golf.

There is ONE thing that makes me sad about Tiger's whole situation...And this is it:http://img689.imageshack.us/im...2.jpg

sr20deTsomeday118
Car: 1991 240sx/se coupe

AZhitman wrote:Stupid move by Mr. Woods.

Not only has he screwed up royally in his own household, but his endorsements are now (and should be) in jeopardy.
This move is very very VERY dumb by tiger but at the same time, nobody seems to realize how big of a draw he is going to be because of this. His endorsements are going to be booming because everyone is going to want to see the worlds best golfer who cheated on his wife. i think his sponsors are going to be all over this, and definitely not in a bad way.

KAbezon
Car: 1995 200sx

Although this was a horrible move by Tiger, and it did ruin some of his appeal, None of his sponsors will be dropping him anytime soon, or well all of them anyway...

When Kobe was accused of rape, the only sponsors he lost were Coca-Cola (Sprite), and McDonalds. He still had his Nike contract, as well as all the contracts he had with companies in L.A. and after revamping his image, how many people still see Kobe as a "rapist", or "cheater"?

If Tiger can clean up his act, and change his image, a few years from now no one will be talking about how he ruined his image, cheated on his wife, or was a bad person.

350ztwinturboKING
Car: 350z TWIN TURBO DUH LOL

I have been banned for attemting to have sex with sheep

UpStar

AZhitman wrote:He should have come out up-front and explained himself, to deflate the rumor mill... It's not like people won't dig it up.
Unlike a politician Tiger Woods doesn’t owe us anything nor do we owe him anything, so the whole idea of people wanting him to come forward and own up is ridiculous. The guy is golfer and not a political head. Listen closely! Politicians are paid by the people to work for the people. Pro athletes are paid through other means that do not include tax payers money unless you purchase items that they sponsor, but that is your choice. Once he was confirmed OK after the car accident it should have been left at that, but like I said in my original post……… The media is gossip hungry!

Oh... Tiger is taking an indefinite(sp) break

tertiary77u

Let's give him his right of privacy. He is a celebrity, all right! But we are forgetting that he is also a human being. He has a problem of his own. He is not a robot, he has feelings.

And one more thing, I hate this media people... Tiger Woods has all the right to keep his personal affairs a secret... Why can't they get lost!?@!

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

tertiary77u wrote:Let's give him his right of privacy. He is a celebrity, all right! But we are forgetting that he is also a human being. He has a problem of his own. He is not a robot, he has feelings.

And one more thing, I hate this media people... Tiger Woods has all the right to keep his personal affairs a secret... Why can't they get lost!?@!
If Tiger was not a global celebrity whose handlers created and cultivated the image of his being the humble, nice family values winner role model in order to attract mega millions in endorsements, I would agree. But since he's one of the best known and weathiest figures in the sports world, and has been outed as pretty much the opposite of his carefully crafted image, I'm sorry, but that's newsworthy.

IMHO It's more disappointing that people view millionaire athletes as role models in the first place.

RCA

So basically he Tiger should of went the Charles Barkley direction?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzdAZ3TjCA

UpStar

Tiger Woods voted Athlete of the DECADE. Props to you
KAbezon wrote: When Kobe was accused of rape, the only sponsors he lost were Coca-Cola (Sprite), and McDonalds. He still had his Nike
Correction. Kobe never had a Nike contract until after the rape charge. Nike picked him up after Adidas dropped him during the trial. He was originally with Adidas.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote: Tiger Woods voted Athlete of the DECADE. Props to you

Correction. Kobe never had a Nike contract until after the rape charge. Nike picked him up after Adidas dropped him during the trial. He was originally with Adidas.
Athlete of the year? I suppose juggling that many mistresses for that long a period without the wife figuring it out, plus maintaining a squeeky clean image takes some real skill...

UpStar

Bubba1 wrote:
Athlete of the year? I suppose juggling that many mistresses for that long a period without the wife figuring it out, plus maintaining a squeeky clean image takes some real skill...
It does not change the fact that he is the athlete of the decade. If you want to gossip about his personal life I'd like to invite you to the General Chat area. There is a full blown gossip thread over there. We want to keep it sports related here.

Budda...merry Christmas join the hate and ignorance at the link below:zer...-hurt

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:
It does not change the fact that he is the athlete of the decade. If you want to gossip about his personal life I'd like to invite you to the General Chat area. There is a full blown gossip thread over there. We want to keep it sports related here.

Budda...merry Christmas join the hate and ignorance at the link below:zer...-hurt
Budda? And merry Christmas to you too. But if I may make an observation.

The topic of your thread was about HIS IMAGE and aggressive treatment by the media, not his sports accomplishments.

If you want to start a thread specifically to discuss his golfing accomplishments, then by all means, please go ahead and start one.

It;s clear I don't share the same adoration for Tiger Woods as you. That does not mean I do not respect his accomplishments. The sad reality is Tiger has been nationally outed for naughty behavior. Expect jokes.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

UpStar wrote:It does not change the fact that he is the athlete of the decade.
After winning the most physically demanding event on the planet, seven times in a row, I'd put Lance Armstrong head and shoulders (or is that feet and pedals?) over Tiger Woods on that ballot.
Bubba1 wrote:The topic of your thread was about HIS IMAGE and aggressive treatment by the media, not his sports accomplishments.
Bingo!

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

BusyBadger wrote:After winning the most physically demanding event on the planet, seven times in a row, I'd put Lance Armstrong head and shoulders (or is that feet and pedals?) over Tiger Woods on that ballot.

Bingo!
I agree with you about Lance Armstrong perhaps being more deserving than Woods, though Woods did dominate his sport too. One could also make a good case for Roger Federer.

I'm curious how AP determined their winner, what criteria they used.

DRO@G37
Car: 2009 G37 MOONLIGHT WHITE SEDAN

I agree with upstar.... the media is always hungry for the next scandel, they cant have enough of it. But tiger is a celeb, so his life is in view of THE PUBLIC, and we all know how that goes..."tmz"...haha. But i think what truly throws him in front of the bus, is that fact that he when kobe got busted, he had all this bulls*** to say about how its gonna ruin kobes image, and yada yada...bottom line, he's a frikin famous millionaire...im sure he slept with MANY women...MORE POWER TO YA TIGER (just dont ask anyone else to change their voicemail-fml)

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

DRO@G37 wrote:I agree with upstar.... the media is always hungry for the next scandel, they cant have enough of it. But tiger is a celeb, so his life is in view of THE PUBLIC, and we all know how that goes..."tmz"...haha. But i think what truly throws him in front of the bus, is that fact that he when kobe got busted, he had all this bulls*** to say about how its gonna ruin kobes image, and yada yada...bottom line, he's a frikin famous millionaire...im sure he slept with MANY women...MORE POWER TO YA TIGER (just dont ask anyone else to change their voicemail-fml)
Winning an NBA championship the next year and a scoring title (?) tends to help hardcore NBA fans forget about his pesky rape allegations.

I'm sure once Tiger resumes his golfing and wins another tournament, fans like Upstar will resume their adoration. Personally I think "Ashley Madison.com" should seek Tiger out as a spokesman.

AZhitman
Administrator

Update:

Looks like some of the people ni this thread need to go back and re-evaluate what they've said.

See, here's the deasl: While his private life IS his business, he's responsible to a whole other group of people: Shareholders.

If you own a mutual fund, chances are it holds stock in Nike and all the other companies he endorses.

So, he's cost us up to $12 BILLION with his shenanigans.

If you're Joe Public, I don't pay your salary (unless you're a government employee). But athletes are paid through ticket sales, andorsements, and sponsors, and that money comes from us, the general public (and golf fans).

So he DOES bear some responsibility to the public. Who do you think made him all those millions of dollars?

I disagree 100% with UpStar on this point.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

AT&T is dropping him, I'm sure others will follow.

One thing is certain, there will be quite a few blondes out looking for a new sugar daddy......

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

audtatious wrote:AT&T is dropping him, I'm sure others will follow.

One thing is certain, there will be quite a few blondes out looking for a new sugar daddy......
According to MSNBC, Tiger's groupies wont have to wait long. They are predicting he will play in the Masters in April.

Return to “The Sports Bar”