Tiger Woods. Image Ruined

NICOclubs sports and p0ker related discussion forum
Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:one dumb post followed by another! good job
You're just jealous.... . I thought it was especially cool the cartoon had him wearing the same shirt as your picture. I recognize that with you and Tiger it's alll business, but....

By the way, you never clarified who the "two professors" were. Who were they???

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

If you had bothered looking you would have followed the link posted earlier in this thread to find out.

http://faculty.gsm.ucdavis.edu...3.pdf

Professors of economics and business management at UC Davis.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

srellim234 wrote:If you had bothered looking you would have followed the link posted earlier in this thread to find out.

http://faculty.gsm.ucdavis.edu...3.pdf

Professors of economics and business management at UC Davis.
Ah, thanks for the clarification... and the sarcasm.

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

The sarcasm is proof positive I spend to much time on the political forum here.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

srellim234 wrote: The sarcasm is proof positive I spend to much time on the political forum here.
LOL. I like sarcasm. Keep up the good work...

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

An amusing update that should further impact Mr. Woods image from a different perspective, (Upstar, notice your thread title).

It seems Tiger's kindergarten teacher has gone public this week demanding both a public and private apology from Tiger Woods for a lie he told in a book where he claimed to be a victim of racism with his teacher unwilling to help. Unlike Tiger's many lovers, this teacher is not requesting money, just that he come clean and admit he lied.

In an interview Tiger gave for a 2005 book written by Charles Barkley, he claimed, "I became aware of my racial identity on my first day of school, on my first day of kindergarten. A group of sixth graders tied me to a tree, spray-painted [the N-word] on me, and threw rocks at me. That was my first day of school. And the teacher really didn't do much of anything."

Incredibly disturbing if that were true, but as it turns out, it never happened. Tiger made it all up. Also very disturbing. His kindergarten teacher, plus all of the other teachers at that school, as well as the school's principal, have all confirmed it did not happen. And now there's a demand for an apology from Tiger.

Before Upstar claims defamation, please note, Tiger has not filed any slander or defamation charges against this teacher. She is also not asking him for any money, she simply wants him to admit his lying and apologize.

Still rooting for him to win the Masters?

UpStar
Car: Y34,CLK500,ML350,H2 Hummer & they all have a spot in the garage.

Bubba1 wrote:An amusing update that should further impact Mr. Woods image from a different perspective, (Upstar, notice your thread title).

It seems Tiger's kindergarten teacher has gone public this week demanding both a public and private apology from Tiger Woods for a lie he told in a book where he claimed to be a victim of racism with his teacher unwilling to help. Unlike Tiger's many lovers, this teacher is not requesting money, just that he come clean and admit he lied.

In an interview Tiger gave for a 2005 book written by Charles Barkley, he claimed, "I became aware of my racial identity on my first day of school, on my first day of kindergarten. A group of sixth graders tied me to a tree, spray-painted [the N-word] on me, and threw rocks at me. That was my first day of school. And the teacher really didn't do much of anything."

Incredibly disturbing if that were true, but as it turns out, it never happened. Tiger made it all up. Also very disturbing. His kindergarten teacher, plus all of the other teachers at that school, as well as the school's principal, have all confirmed it did not happen. And now there's a demand for an apology from Tiger.

Before Upstar claims defamation, please note, Tiger has not filed any slander or defamation charges against this teacher. She is also not asking him for any money, she simply wants him to admit his lying and apologize.

Still rooting for him to win the Masters?
yeah...my title. I made a change and put a "?" I should've said "Tiger woods. Image ruined?" <-- note the question mark this time

Im rooting for Tiger as well Hopefully he can shut up all the numb skulls and idiot haters who claims to have lost money from this scandal

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:
yeah...my title. I made a change and put a "?" I should've said "Tiger woods. Image ruined?" <-- note the question mark this time

Im rooting for Tiger as well Hopefully he can shut up all the numb skulls and idiot haters who claims to have lost money from this scandal
Well, theoretically he should fare well, as he has fewer distractions at the moment. The Masters and the host club have created a very insulated environment for him. But the X factor is whether removing that daily supply of illicit nookie he's enjoyed for so long will help or hurt his game.

toovo1985

Well I hope he can pull back from this crisis. He is a great sportsman and deserves to be on top. Sure what he did wasn't right, but who doesn't commits mistakes. The problem is that if he wasn't a celebrity the case wouldn't have been given such importance.

Hope to see you winning soon Tiger Woods

UpStar

toovo1985 wrote:Well I hope he can pull back from this crisis. He is a great sportsman and deserves to be on top. Sure what he did wasn't right, but who doesn't commits mistakes. The problem is that if he wasn't a celebrity the case wouldn't have been given such importance.

Nicely said :bigthumb:

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

toovo1985 wrote:Well I hope he can pull back from this crisis. He is a great sportsman and deserves to be on top. Sure what he did wasn't right, but who doesn't commits mistakes. The problem is that if he wasn't a celebrity the case wouldn't have been given such importance.

I hope he loses his swing and becomes an average golfer.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:

Nicely said :bigthumb:
A sportsman?? :chuckle: A sportsman is not only someone who is active in sports, but one whose conduct and attitude exhibit sportsmanship. Reports from the tour are that he's short tempered, foul-mouthed, arrogant, and cheap, which are un-sportsmanlike traits.
I find it odd that people still root for him after his behaving like a turd

I wouldn't mind seeing his slump continue until he publicly apologizes to the dozens of women he preyed upon, including the teenaged daughter of his neighbor, and to the many waiters/waitresses/assistants that he stiffed on tips.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Bubba1 wrote: A sportsman?? :chuckle: A sportsman is not only someone who is active in sports, but one whose conduct and attitude exhibit sportsmanship. Reports from the tour is that he's short tempered, foul-mouthed, arrogant, and cheap, which are un-sportsmanlike traits.
I find it odd that people still root for him after his behaving like a turd

I wouldn't mind seeing his slump continues untl he publicly apologizes to the dozens of women he preyed upon, including the teenaged daughter of his neighbor, and to the many waiters/waitresses/assistants that he stiffed on tips.

Well said. He's a piece of crap who's accomplishments are now tarnished by his crappy behavior, arrogance, and dishonesty.

UpStar

audtatious wrote:

Your true color is really showing. Wishing an athlete loses his god given ability is definitely envy! :slap: Grow up or go to the politic section if you want to display your hate :inout:

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

UpStar wrote:
Your true color is really showing. Wishing an athlete loses his god given ability is definitely envy! :slap: Grow up and stop being a hater :inout:
Not necessarily, Upstar. There are many folks that take character into consideration when rooting for someone. One could also question why you feel compelled to root for someone who's behavior has been so blatantly rude, ungrateful and obnoxious just because he has a god given talent? If you think about it, that could be viewed as disturbing too.

UpStar

Bubba1 wrote:
UpStar wrote:
Your true color is really showing. Wishing an athlete loses his god given ability is definitely envy! :slap: Grow up and stop being a hater :inout:
Not necessarily, Upstar. There are many folks that take character into consideration when rooting for someone. One could also question why you feel compelled to root for someone who's behavior has been so blatantly rude, ungrateful and obnoxious just because he has a god given talent? If you think about it, that could be viewed as disturbing too.

Sure, your first point is valid about the character, but as for why I choose to cheer for someone is beside the point. My point was simple! Dont hate someone enough to wish bad thing upon them. Wishing that he'd loose his swing is absolute hate with a hint of envy. Look...I don’t hate any sports figure enough to wish anything bad upon them. I didn’t like what Kobe, Mike Tyson, Tiger,Mark Chumura, Pete Rose or Ben Rothlesberger did, but I'll never wish that they'd loose their jumper, punch or passing ability. That guy was being an envious hater with that non-scense(sp).

audtatious

UpStar wrote:
audtatious wrote: I hope he loses his swing and becomes an average golfer.

Your true color is really showing. Wishing an athlete loses his god given ability is definitely envy! :slap: Grow up or go to the politic section if you want to display your hate :inout:
Envy? I'm too old to care less what his God given ability is. It's obviously not honesty, integrity nor being faithful. I'd far rather have those than be able to have a career hitting a little ball.

Maybe you should grow up and stop bowing down to those who may be "rich or famous".

audtatious

UpStar wrote:
Bubba1 wrote: Not necessarily, Upstar. There are many folks that take character into consideration when rooting for someone. One could also question why you feel compelled to root for someone who's behavior has been so blatantly rude, ungrateful and obnoxious just because he has a god given talent? If you think about it, that could be viewed as disturbing too.

Sure, your first point is valid about the character, but as for why I choose to cheer for someone is beside the point. My point was simple! Dont hate someone enough to wish bad thing upon them. Wishing that he'd loose his swing is absolute hate with a hint of envy. Look...I don’t hate any sports figure enough to wish anything bad upon them. I didn’t like what Kobe, Mike Tyson, Tiger,Mark Chumura, Pete Rose or Ben Rothlesberger did, but I'll never wish that they'd loose their jumper, punch or passing ability. That guy was being an envious hater with that non-scense(sp).
:rolleyes:

Let him lose his swing. He gets no respect from me. I appreciated his "abilities" and rooted for him while playing. Now that his real character has shown I have no respect for him and prefer he simply go away. Unlike you I don't have hero worship and I surely don't envy him in the least.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I do see your point about that, Upstar, but I disagree that it's necessarily a case of envy. I thnk it's more a lack of respect due to his rude behavior. I also think you need to keep it in perspective.

If you've ever been to an Philadelphia Eagle game, for example, you will be shocked to hear fans screaming/praying for far worse, obscene, anatomically impossible horrible things to happen... to their own team. :chuckle: I don't think anyone truly wants a Philadelphia Eagle injured (or Tiger Woods) but not everyone airs their displeasures in the same manner as you.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Thought I'd update instead of beginning a new thread.

Tiger just finished the BridgestoneInvitational with the highest score (and worst finish) of his professional career, finishing next to last.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

audtatious wrote:
Appears that might br happening...

vikesfankevin1986
Car: 1995 300ZX TT

Maybe I can talk my school into doing an experiment..."Effects on Golf by cheating on your wife with whores, while on ambien."

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Well, Tiger is now a free man, as his wife officially divorced him today. Looks like he can resume his playing...er... career. It should be interesting to see if his game will improve as a result.

vikesfankevin1986

I just want to see him get back on track as a golfer. I will be really disapointed if he can't turn his game around and break some records. I don't give a crap about his personal life...I assume almost everyone with a lot of money cheats anyways. Yeah it's a feel good story if he really is that role model of a person, but in the end I like to see him play golf, not play with his kids.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:I just want to see him get back on track as a golfer. I will be really disapointed if he can't turn his game around and break some records. I don't give a crap about his personal life...I assume almost everyone with a lot of money cheats anyways. Yeah it's a feel good story if he really is that role model of a person, but in the end I like to see him play golf, not play with his kids.
I can't separate the scumbag from the golfer, so I'm kinda enjoying his slump. :) . I certainly don't wish him ill, but I won't root for him.

audtatious

Bubba1 wrote:
vikesfankevin1986 wrote:I just want to see him get back on track as a golfer. I will be really disapointed if he can't turn his game around and break some records. I don't give a crap about his personal life...I assume almost everyone with a lot of money cheats anyways. Yeah it's a feel good story if he really is that role model of a person, but in the end I like to see him play golf, not play with his kids.
I can't separate the scumbag from the golfer, so I'm kinda enjoying his slump. :) . I certainly don't wish him ill, but I won't root for him.
Ditto....

He can quit and go blow his millions at the Mustang Ranch for all I care. I'll root for Phil Mickelson and others for now on.

vikesfankevin1986

Meh whatever...I remember the Vikings got rid of Randy Moss because of a few stupid things...worse move ever. Then they give Peterson crap after his first interview because he doesn't speak too well. These players get paid to preform. I watch sports to see athletic excellence...not to see how good of a person or father or husband someone could be. I could care less if someone can read or not or keep their d!ck in their pants or not. If you make my team win, I want you.

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

vikesfankevin1986 wrote:Meh whatever...I remember the Vikings got rid of Randy Moss because of a few stupid things...worse move ever. Then they give Peterson crap after his first interview because he doesn't speak too well. These players get paid to preform. I watch sports to see athletic excellence...not to see how good of a person or father or husband someone could be. I could care less if someone can read or not or keep their d!ck in their pants or not. If you make my team win, I want you.

I guess thats where we differ. I'd prefer if my team took a step back rather than employ a real scumbag. Golf makes it far easier as its an individual sport.

burgy240
Car: 2000 Q45 Ann. Edition Blk on Blk

Bubba1 wrote:

You don't have too, but I can tell you he is NOT a scumbag. Most of you will never understand what it is like to be the most recognized sports figure on the planet and have every women in the world throw themselves at you. I was only a pro athlete for 9 years and I saw it even in AA and AAA, let alone a super celebrity like Tiger.

More importantly, I know Tiger from College, we had a few classes together and we used to hang out and even party together. He is an awesome guy. He does deserve to endure the wrath on public opinion after what he did, but just remember all the BS you did and all the mistakes you made, before you go calling anyone else names....

Bubba1
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

burgy240 wrote:[

You don't have too, but I can tell you he is NOT a scumbag. Most of you will never understand what it is like to be the most recognized sports figure on the planet and have every women in the world throw themselves at you. I was only a pro athlete for 9 years and I saw it even in AA and AAA, let alone a super celebrity like Tiger.

More importantly, I know Tiger from College, we had a few classes together and we used to hang out and even party together. He is an awesome guy. He does deserve to endure the wrath on public opinion after what he did, but just remember all the BS you did and all the mistakes you made, before you go calling anyone else names....
You may have known him in college, but he is not the same man now . His bio said he dropped out after 2 yrs when he turned pro.. It seems clear that fame/fortune has changed him in an ugly way. I've hung out with celebs, and none of them have behaved as despicably as he has.

Please feel free to compare him to me. Let's see, I've never cheated on my wife (Tiger's done it many times). I've never seduced/then dumped the teen daughter of a long time next door neighbor (Tiger did, which is despicable by itself), I've never stiffed a server on a tip (It's well documented Tiger does that regularly).

I do not accept being a world wide celeb as an excuse for being morally bankrupt. If anything, being that famous should make one think twice before doing sleazy things due to the obvious increased scrutiny. You seem willing to accept his well documented scumbaggery, I will not root for such a person. Sorry.

Return to “The Sports Bar”