Ticking noise..

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
dvs240

Hey whats up guys, i'm new to this forum. Just bought my first 240sx tonight! :ylsuper anyways, The car has one problem and i'm wondering what the hell it is, I don't know much about the KA's so this problem is beyond me. When you start the car from a cold start it makes a ticking sound for about 5 seconds from the engine area than it goes away.. I suspect the timing chain but I don't know for sure.. the car has 149k miles on it.. Previous owner did not know when the timing chain has been changed..Please help!

NISTECH

this should be posted in online mechanic. you will also find several posts there with similar incidents. but here is some info to help you out. try using 5w-30 oil and a factory oil fiter. the filter has a valve in it to keep the oil from running down from the head. the 5w 30 will build pressure quicker then 10w 30 or higher viscosity oil. if this doesnt resolve your problem then i would suspect chain issues. specifically tensioner.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”