Thumping/Pop corn sound over 40mph

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
sammyk
Car: 2104 Nissan Rogue SV

Folks
Need some help. Not sure if anyone else had this issue with Their Rogue from 2014 and later.
I hear thumping sound almost like rain drops or popcorn sound only at 40mph and higher speeds. hard to explaing the sound flap flap ting ting pop pop.... It does get a bit higher at higher speed but as soon as I go below 40mph, that sound goes away. I can't tell where the sound is coming from sometimes it acts like it is from driver front side sometimes it feels like it is starting the center of the car and sometimes it looks likes it is emanating from the rear. It has been like that since I bought it
I can't for the life in me figure this one out. I tried looking under for any undertray issues and tightened things up/taped things out but still to no avail.

I tried looking at possible tires issue but not sure it is that as all tires are brand new. Looking at the heat shield it is questionable but does look fine

Had the dealer look at it for 4- 5 times and they are incompetent and they told me all looks good

Could it still be the heat shield as it runs from the front to the rear? I am at a loss

any help is appreciated here

sam

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Well you saying flap flap. So I’m thinking heat shield and not plastic cover.

Just wipe your hand across everything again until you feel something loose.

Al I can think of.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Wasn’t there an issue where owners were having problems with the hood rattling at certain speeds? The fix was just to adjust the rubber bumpers the hood rests on.

sammyk
Car: 2104 Nissan Rogue SV

the hood on mine seems stable and solid. thanks for the reply

@casperfun, yeah going through the undertray again and will be patching things up further but skeptical that is the only issue. thanks for the reply

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

How many miles are on your vehicle and have you ever changed the rear differential fluid? I had some weird noises on mine mostly associated with turning left, that went away when I change the fluid. I think I had about 60k at the time.

Return to “Rogue Forum”