Thule Crossroad with fairing?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
MadMontie1
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD in Gotham Gray

I've reviewed the multiple posts on roof rack options, and I'm already thinking about next winter. I used the factory crossrails a couple of times at the end of last winter to go skiing and I quickly discovered how useless they are.

I'm going to get the Thule Crossroad adapters as I already have a set of load bars from my old car's setup.

However, I want to have the fairing on the vehicle as well, and from glancing at the Rogue, it would appear that even with the front bar set as far forward as it should be (just behind the front joints) I would think the fairing won't make it up past the sunroof.

Am I wrong? Will the fairing not cover the sunroof? Does someone have this setup and can take a picture to show me? I would appreciate it.

-Montie

philipa_240sx

I believe you are correct. Any sort of fairing will likely interfere with the sunroof.

peleke
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD, Indigo Blue, premium package, leather, moonroof

I have a thule bike rack (sidearm) with the crossroad bars and I had to skip the fairing since it interfered with the moonroof no matter where I put the cross bars.

roguetoad
Car: 08 SL AWD

Can you open the hatch OK with the Crossroad?

We're looking for something for the skis, too. Since we don't have the factory crossbars and I've got some leftover Yakbars, we'll probably use the Low Riders and a box from Yak, although my son has had good luck with putting a Thule on his Yak bits.

MadMontie1
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD in Gotham Gray

thats my reason for getting the crossroads. the factory bars were too far back that i had to mount my skis over hanging on the front farther than i like or it hit the spoiler on the gate when i had it open.

with the crossroad mounts i should be able to move the rack farther forward.

so i guess the fairing is out then

Return to “Rogue Forum”