Throttle unresponsive

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
ADKHunter

Hi,

I have a 2016 Frontier with 6 cylinder engine, four wheel drive. The intermittent problem is that when making a turn left or right, from both a full stop or a rolling turn, the engine does not respond to the throttle. Pressing on the throttle has no effect on the motor - it just is at idle. Several repeated presses on the throttle eventually results in a sudden surge forward. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggested cures for this problem? Thanks for any response.

macgiver

mac, 2016 so new , TSB's I'm suggesting , IF 'n the damn co. admits to problems honestly these days .Is'nt that a"Fly-by-wire" ,and maybe some mechanic ,at some earlier time had off/on ,or worse had Loosened the connector to the throttle's motor system ? I also know many dealers chg $$100 to "Take you" into repair bay even though you expect a "No charge - warranty -paid -Fix" ! :spitout: If you could locate ANY connector pertinant to the throttleTPS and in addition IF a motorized situation - motor connector , push/pull in/out burger a few times ; can't find it ? take aside a Dealer mechanic "Doin' noth'n" -see if they may have ANY clue . :facepalm:

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

You are under factory warranty - take it to Nissan dealer

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”