This is what Infiniti should do for the interior trim

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
Micah
Car: cars, car audio, motorsports

http://www.germancarfans.com/N....html

Nissan should develop this stuff and coat the titanium trim with it.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Cool! :)

Z

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

The crosslinking part of this bears a relation to the 5 star product.

I am sure it's more effective integrating something like this into the paint from get go,but 5 star or something like that should help a bit.

MB just like Infiniti has had a lot of complaints about the hardness of the paint (or lack thereof) starting with the I35 in 2k2 and G35 in 2k3.

Some say the newer environmetally friendly paint processes used thse days, take a couple of yearss to cure as a result some manufacturers with this technology have been getting complaints from customers.

I am sure this is what MB is trying to address.Good to see them actually doing somehting innovative again for a change.

Throughout the 90's it seemed they were just resting on their laurels.,

When I get a G35, I will immediately apply a product like 5 star, to protect the gorgeous paint.

Fred...:)

jdmfreak

Nise.

jdmfreak

Oh **** howd I spell that wrong?

DenverG35c
Car: Motor sports, computer solitaire...

Fred, has anybody tried the 5 Star? I slathered my interior bits with RejeX and it didn't help.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

5 star is intended primarily for paint and my analogy perhaps was not a good one and was intended as a comparison to MB exterior paint improvement.

Ryan aka rydwht has tried it on his G35 Coupe and so far seems to like it.

As for interior pieces I'll link this thread to Our member Chadster who sells it to see what he has to say.

Fred..:)

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I have used 5-Star and it works really well at keeping the car clean and easy to maintain and looking very shiny and newly waxed, however, it is not going to help stop rock chips and the like.

The product in the link, reminds me of Crystal Guard. I have heard many people swear by Crystal Guard. It works similarly in that it puts a protective coating over the paint and stops scratching. I have actually seen someone take their cars and drag them across the hood of a black G sedan and there was no scratching at all. It can also be applied to the titanium interior trim and work very well at stopping scratching.

I am sure that Fred can talk more to the products than I can since he understands the chemical compositions.

Ryan

DenverG35c
Car: Motor sports, computer solitaire...

Fred, I've been using RejeX.

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

Is this the same type of thing as 5-star or Crystal guard?

BTW, It seems that RejeX isn't performing as well as advertised. My wheels are starting to be less and less easy to get the brake dust off. Even after I did a 2nd application.

chadster

Hey, this is Chad, I'm the guy on the board working with the 5 Star Company. Yes, it will work great on your wheels. The same way as on the paint. I wrote a new thread that contains 5 Star user experiences. There are some comments from some mini-cooper owners. The last one has some comments regarding wheels.

Hope this helps! 5 Star also makes interior fabric protection as well....

Here's the link....

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub....69289

Let me know if you have any more questions.

-Chad

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”