Thinking of buying a 2006 M45

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Maxxypearl
Car: Hi I'm new to this but I am about to take a look at a 2006 Infiniti M 45 sport with 97,000 miles on the car and was wondering what things should I look for or be aware of on this car?

Hi I'm about to look at a 2006 Infiniti M 45 with 97,000 miles on it and I was just curious what things should I look for on this particular vehicle? Hopefully someone can respond to me fairly quick
Last edited by EdBwoy on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated title

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

1. Oil consumption (biggest issue to look for)
2. Seat rail loose
3. Weak/broken side mirror motors - stick it in reverse and see if mirrors get stuck or don't go back into place
4. Bluetooth calling quality (technical service bulletin)
5. Evaporative emission vent vapor tube (problems filling up gas tank) - extended warranty issue
6. Check battery
7. Suspension components
8. Brakes (seemed kinda weak and small for the weight of this car, lots of guys upgraded rotors and pads)

What to look for/known problems was asked a few months ago, try search function (we know it's not the greatest) but can't remember all the things that folks posted.

EdBwoy

Welcome to the forum. I have updated your title to help with online searches.

It sometimes also helps to post a link if you have one.
Otherwise, looking forward to having you here... or just post back to tell us that you didn't get it because you caught a few issues etc.

Stevem45

Thanks again for the responses. The guy showing the car cancelled at the last minute and said Thursday would be better, So I have yet to see it. I am also considering a 2008 G35 that is for sale locally, and I am actually going to test drive a 2004 qx56 tomorrow. The qx is for my wife.
I have had Mercedes, Audi, And currently drive a Volvo. I have never tried or considered the Japanese luxury cars til now. I have become tired of the constant maintence and quirks these cars have put before me. I’ve noticed the praise that Infinity owners guve their cars, and figured I would give it a try.

LIBRILZ
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx
2007 M45 Sport

Stevem45 wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:29 pm
Thanks again for the responses. The guy showing the car cancelled at the last minute and said Thursday would be better, So I have yet to see it. I am also considering a 2008 G35 that is for sale locally, and I am actually going to test drive a 2004 qx56 tomorrow. The qx is for my wife.
I have had Mercedes, Audi, And currently drive a Volvo. I have never tried or considered the Japanese luxury cars til now. I have become tired of the constant maintence and quirks these cars have put before me. I’ve noticed the praise that Infinity owners guve their cars, and figured I would give it a try.
Infiniti makes good products still, nissan would too but their transmissions do not seem to hold up (CVT)

If you can I would look at a 2009 and newer G37 as opposed to that G35, the G35 had a smaller less powerful engine and it also had a 5 speed auto instead of a 7 speed like the G37, That 7 speed auto makes a world of difference in acceleration and gas mileage!!

Bocatrip

Either a well taken care of G35 or G37 would be an excellent choice. Either car is just about the last of the well made, lesser major issue Infiniti cars. Once Infiniti moved to 4 cylinder and CVT transmissions it lost most of it's appeal. I'm on my 3rd Infiniti (two of which I owned for 11 years each..04 .G35 Coupe and 06 Sedan. Good luck and let us know how you made out.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”