thinking looking buying?

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
86traitor
Car: hachiroku

planning to get a vert 240, what should i look into? any help would be great, what price range should i look at? not looking for a great 1, just something with a good engine and ok shell, for am planning to do some changes on it, silvia front conversion? and a good shop that could do 1 maybe? how much would it cost me? thank you for reading, and will be waiting for response

top_secret

I realize you are new to the forums, so some advice:1) read through the first page of the forum to see if your question has been asked recently.2) if you don't see it, use "search" to try and find it.

for instance, about 10 threads below yours, I found this thread, which seems to answer your questions about buying a vert. zerothread?id=152477

There are other members with silvia conversions you could ask specifically about the conversion or you could google it, its been written up 100 times online and in just about every import magazine. as for a shop, thats going to depend on where you are and how much you want to pay.

86traitor
Car: hachiroku

sorry for the aggressive newbie post, am located in socal sanfernando valley to be exact, drive around with an 86 and got bored with it, and now am here. any shop u can recommend for that?, am just trying to get a read on a budget range, i dont like to start on a project and end up low on funds, thanks again

top_secret

budget range for silvia conversion: $600-1200 bucks.

I've seen complete near perfect conversions go used for $600 but more commonly they are around 900 to 1000. If you want to have the best stuff order all the parts you need from courtesy nissan, they have all the oem stuff and its not a whole lot more than some importers are asking.

If you have a 10mm socket, a ratchet, and some extensions you probably have all you need to do the conversion yourself.... any body shop should be able to do it for you if you still don't want to.

Like I said, I think super street, import tuner, sport compact car, HCI, and every other big national magazine have done a write up on the conversion at some point or another.sport compact car has a big website with a lot of their articles up for free, might want to start there. Or find out what issue it was and order the back issue. Or google the swap I'm sure its been written up online for free as well.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”