Thinking about getting an altima...

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
BuLLeTdrift
Car: 91 240sx fast baq

Hey gus whats up. I've been lookin at altimas for a lil while now and they are starting to grow on me. I currently own an 01 Lexus IS300 but I'm thinkin its time for a change. I wanna look to lower my payments by at least 100 per month, and an altima would deff be cheaper on ins. I've found this altima at a dealership and i wanted to know what you guys think:http://www.cal-auto.com/invite...t%3d0

I dont plan on doing many mods if any. I have my 240 (see sig) for drifting that i mod often.

Let me know pros and cons of that car, or if you can point me in a better direction. thanx possible future altima brothers. peace.

garthog
Car: 2002 nissan altima 2.5s (Full Stillen Exhaust, Stillen QR-Pro, Upgraded E.C.U., Stillen High-Flow in

03 altima's have problems. after you get past them they are a good car but a lot of 02 and 03's have problems. it's a hit or miss for those years.

terrormaschine
Car: 2003 Altima 2.5s

i agree with garthog thier some with problems and some that dont. other than that deal the car is real good.. im one of the lucky ones that got one without the problems.. the only problems im going thro are flood effected.. stupid CAI!

did you check out the 2003 maxima gle in that same lot? only thing its a auto trans. but atleast its a v6 for 12k.

good luck on the buy!!

garthog
Car: 2002 nissan altima 2.5s (Full Stillen Exhaust, Stillen QR-Pro, Upgraded E.C.U., Stillen High-Flow in

maxima for 12k??? buy that!!!! so much more worth it!!! who cares if it's an auto... you said you had your "race" car already. GET THE MAXIMA!!!!!!!!!!

terrormaschine

BuLLeTdrift
Car: 91 240sx fast baq

thanx for the replies fellas. I'm not really feelin the maxima too much. It is a nice car, however the milage is not posted so I'm sure its high. The biggest reason why i dont want my car any more is that it has already broke 100k. In a toyota years, its just getting broke in, however since we dont live in those years, this thing is losing value quick. Also i'm not confertable driving far in it any more.

Back to the subject.....I've heard about the 03's having problems and thats deff something i would like to avoid. 04's clear? stick or auto doesnt make much of a difference to me, however that altima being 5 speed i just that was dope. I thought only the SE-Rs came that way.

I might already have a buyer for the Lexus but its not for sure. I'll call cal-auto and see how many miles are on that maxi tho and let you guys know.

terrormaschine

i havent heard any 04's problems.. and yea i have only seen 4speed for 2.5 and i only thought the v6 se & se-r came in that 5 speed option... so maybe you should look into that altima.. but as for the 04's since it will be newer you might be paying more..

Return to “Altima General Discussions”