Thinking about buying M37

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
dTardis
Car: 2012 M37S
Tacoma Wa.

I am thinking about getting an M37. I am not in a hurry, so I want to make sure I get the packages that I will enjoy as I believe I would be keeping it for a long time.

So what packages are recommended? Where I live anything other than the base is very hard to find. So should I hold out for one with a Sport package? What are the opinions on the Tech package? Is it worth getting? Are there any maintenance issues with ether of these packages?

What questions am I not asking that I should be asking?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I have the fully loaded M and I don't regret it. No extra maintenance between models...the 14spkr system is actually pretty good.

robrie
Car: 13 M5
04 350z
13 M37x - Totaled
07 M35 - Sold
01 Max SE - Sold

Just traded my 2007 M35 Base for a 2013 M37x about a month ago. She's fully loaded. Love this car! Only maintenance issue is trying to run off the OEM battery. Car wouldn't start after sitting for 2 days.

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

My 2006 M45 got totaled from rear end hit, it was a sport model with all the packages except the rear sunshade, overhead DVD monitor, and rear seat controls, so I knew the next Infiniti I bought needed to have ALL the options, SO I just bought a 2013 M37 Sport with Technology, Sport Touring, and Premium packages...

Sport Pkg - R01
INCLUDES: P245/40R20 Summer Performance Tires; Split 5-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels; 4-Wheel Active Steering System; Sport Brakes; Sport Grille; Aluminum Pedals; Sport Bucket Seats; Steering Wheel Gear Shift Paddles; Sport Suspension
REQUIRES: [U01] Premium Pkg
REQUIRES: [Z] Stone Sport -OR- [G] Graphite
NOT AVAILABLE WITH: [W01] Performance Tire & Wheel Pkg; [K01] Deluxe Touring Pkg; [B93] Midnight Black Grille

Touring, Sport Pkg - K01
INCLUDES: Forest Air Purifier & Filter System; (16) Speakers; Bose Studio Surround Sound System; Power Rear Sun Shade
REQUIRES: [U01] Premium Pkg -AND- [R01] Sport Pkg
NOT AVAILABLE WITH: [K01] Deluxe Touring Pkg.

Technology Pkg - H01
INCLUDES: Blind-Spot Alert; Intelligent w/Forward Collision Warning Brake Assist; Distance Control Assist; Bi-HID Adaptive w/Automatic Leveling Headlamps; Intelligent Speed Control; Lane Departure Prevention & Warning System; Active Trace Control
REQUIRES: [U01] Premium Pkg

Premium Pkg - U01
INCLUDES: Infiniti Connection Communication System; Hard Drive-Based w/Touch Screen Navigation System; Rear Parking Sensors; Bose AM/FM Stereo w/CD/DVD & MP3 Radio; SiriusXM NavTraffic & NavWeather; (10) Speakers; Climate Controlled Front Seats; Heated Steering Wheel

I really wanted all the packages, but the Sport version was a must have - like the sport front end, grill, rims and upgraded brakes. The 16 speaker stereo is pretty nice for a factory unit.
The heated/cooled seats are awesome - you would miss them if you've had them before, but then don't.
Some folks don't like the electronic nanny/warnings (tech pkg), but I appreciate the blind spot warning and you can turn the system off.

You ought to test drive one with all the bells and whistles vs one with only a couple of the packages and see if you notice the differences.

rsilva800
Car: 94 Z32, 11 M37S , 01 Pathfinder

Here you will find all the information you are looking for.

http://www.infinitim37.com/2012-infinit ... rview.html

Another link that is more detailed and includes the prices of the packages when car was new.

http://cars.automotive.com/infiniti/m37 ... t3-12-2-1/

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

I've got all the packages too and if I were to not have one thing, it would be the tech package. The smart cruise control is nice, but the distance between cars is really far, at least 2.5 car lengths, and that leaves room for people to cut in front of you. Also, when you are cruising at a slower speed and the car needs to make it up to your set speed, it really guns it and makes you look like a D on the road lol. There are lots of beeps from the tech package you, constantly beeping at you for crossing over lines, for example. Yes you can turn it off, but you have to turn it off each time you start the car. Kind of annoying.

IMO - the Deluxe Touring package is a must. it gives you the semi-aniline leather seats (much more comfortable) 16 speakrs, and to gorgeous white ash trim. It has a lot of the upgrade premium interior options.

reggiebrown40
Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
2011 Infiniti M56x - Dead

Swisscheesehead, is it 2.5 car lengths after adjusting using the arrows? I adjust using the arrows and it spaces it to about 1car length.

You can set the lane departure to off by pressing and holding it until it turns off. Once you do this it won't come back on until you press and hold until it comes on.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”