Thinking about a QX60

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

It's nearing the time to replace my wife's G35 sedan, and with a 7 year old son - and another little man on the way - we could use more room. We were 95% sold on leaving the brand after decades of Nissan and Infiniti ownership to buy a 4Runner, but decided to take a look at the QX60 yesterday. Now I'm torn... the QX60 feels more like what we're used to, more luxurious, a little more fun to drive than the 4Runner. My biggest complaint with the G is the paint job... it's shedding most of it's clear coat - but it's been as rock solid mechanically as we could have hoped for.

I know we're comparing apples to oranges here, but for us it's mostly about more leg room in the back since eventually I'll have two sets of feet back there to yell at (stop kicking my seat!), and enough cargo space to pack 4 of us up for a trip to the beach every now and then. With the G, that was a trunk + half of the back seat proposition. The 4Runner is attractive to us because of it's very good resale value, but I can mitigate most of that with some of the amazing deals floating around out there on the QX60 right now. I'm seeing discounts from MSRP of $10K-20K within a day's drive if my local dealer won't play ball.

So for those of you with a QX60, how do you like it? Does anyone know why the discounts are so readily available on the QX60? Sales numbers look similar to prior years.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

I'm subscribing to this thread as my wife and I want to make baby number 2 in a year or so and the QX60 is precisely what we're researching. After wifey got to play in my Q50 for a week or so while I was out of town on business, she's super curious about the Infiniti.

Regarding discounts you've seen, is this on leftover 2016s? Or are you seeing stuff on 2017s? I know the 2017s got another revision to the CVT and higher output from the VQ35 (it's at 290 or 300hp now?)

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

So the discounts I saw were data entry errors. These were on 2017s. About $10K off of one at Infiniti of Charlotte, that I was assured was available and that the price was correct on three different occasions - turned in to "that was a pricing mistake, and it's sold." Supposedly they actually stuck with that price with another buyer last Friday. Their honorable decision for a buyer I never met, to get the deal of a lifetime, is somehow supposed to make me feel all warm and fuzzy about them. They're still hoping I'll show up with an extra 5 grand tomorrow to buy another car. :rolleyes: Their calls are fielded somewhere across town, and in 2017 no one at Sonic Automotive Group has heard of a shared database that updates in real time. Damn thing still shows on their web site...taunting me. The other was really too good to be true at a dealership in West Palm Beach. Listed for $20K off of MSRP. Best I'm seeing right now is about $5k off of MSRP.

At this point I'm leaning back toward the Toyota 4Runner. It's the safer bet in terms of resale value, and I don't think the QX60 is a ten year car for us. Good for 4 or 5 if I could get a low enough price going in, but I don't like it enough to take a big depreciation hit on it. The 4Runner will be a serviceable grocery getter/kid hauler.

GoldNi0020
Car: 2002 QX4 - Gone
2012 G37xS - Baby G
2014 QX60 - Big Momma

My wife has and loves the QX60. We have a 2014, fully loaded Minus Delux Touring package. We bought it used with sub 800 miles and got a easy 20k off MSRP in MA. We bought it Jan 2015. Right now it has about 21k. We live in NY and take frequent trips to NH all summer long. Right now we have 1 kid, 2.5 years old and possibly one on the way (shh dont tell my parents yet). The QX60 is a sure winner in our neighborhood 1 out of every 5 households has one. some families are 4 less members. I dont mind it, I drive a 2012 G37Xs with 31k miles, and the truck does everything we need to do and the trunk is fairly decent in this category. Our last trip home from the summer house we were completely PACKED, could have used some extra room, but my theory is the more room I give her the most stuff she is going to pack and or buy. With a possible #2 coming, I am not sure how we will fair with space, might get a Thule for the roof if needed. But as for now, its her DD and she absolutely loves it, the truck has everything she wants and drives how she likes it. The G was her car for a short period and before that we had a 02 QX4, then a 04 Pathfinder for a bit. We are planning on having this truck (knock on wood) for a solid 10 years. But if we get tight on space or our expectations differ our next step would be a Tahoe, Yukon or Escalade.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”