thinking about a juke... any advice?

The web's first forum dedicated to the Nissan Juke and the Nissan Qazana.
sme327

for the last eighteen months, i've been looking for a new car... i currently drive a scion tc but would like something a bit larger that i can put a kayak on top of... i read on other websites that people have put roof racks and kayaks on their jukes, but i thought this would be a more reliable source.

everything else i've seen and read about the car... i love it!

if anyone has any advice or insight, i can't wait to hear from you. and don't limit it to the kayak issue... anyone with experience driving a juke... please share your thoughts!

thanks a ton,

shawn

GRey1
Car: 2015 Gun Metallic SL AWD w/Tech
2011 Chrome Nissan Juke SV CVT-AWD

Glad to hear you are thinking about the Juke. Off the top of my head the complaints I've regularly heard are:

1) No factory armrest
2) Lower than expected gas mileage
3) Smaller gas tank than advertised on the AWD model

If you are okay with those then make the move. I have had mine since late Sept and love it.

white midori
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 6M

GRey1 wrote:Glad to hear you are thinking about the Juke. Off the top of my head the complaints I've regularly heard are:

1) No factory armrest
2) Lower than expected gas mileage
3) Smaller gas tank than advertised on the AWD model

If you are okay with those then make the move. I have had mine since late Sept and love it.
also you need to change the winter wiper for winter use if you live in cold area as not a friendly design for the snow. i still love my car too, but perfect lease this car and change it when the 2nd generation come up !

pieceofnissan
Car: 2011 Nissan Juke S

I just bought my Juke on the 30th of January. I'm very un-happy with the dealer. They said I can tow with the Juke. NOT TRUE. Section 9 page 15 clearly states "do not tow with this vehicle"

GRey1

Guess it just doesn't tow in the U.S. In the U.K. you can buy a hitch from Nissan. The specs on their cars are the same as ours. See the last item, bottom right. It does tow. :crazy:
http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicles/ ... ccessories
pieceofnissan wrote:I just bought my Juke on the 30th of January. I'm very un-happy with the dealer. They said I can tow with the Juke. NOT TRUE. Section 9 page 15 clearly states "do not tow with this vehicle"

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

Strange, the manual for Juke owners states that it can tow a max of 720kg. roughly 1.5 tons

Personally I would never tow anything with something that is fwd with a cvt, but then again i've seen some pretty stupid cars used for towing before. i.e. 350z, hybrid lexus rx, prius

silverarrow27

I had a chance to look at a few Jukes a couple weeks ago and dang the trunks are SMALL!!! I'd expect the same size as my Versa, but gee it's half the size. How is one to pack up all the beer/liqour in the trunk including baggage for those Vegas trips and fit 2 to 3 other passengers?

pieceofnissan
Car: 2011 Nissan Juke S

Thanks for the info GRey 1. Very cool market campaign for the Juke in the UK. And there is a Direct diesel turbo power plant option! That would sell big time in the States. I LOVE this Juke but I can't get over the towing. I know without a doubt that Juke can tow my dirtbike trailer but the legal and insurance issues that would happen after an accident are not worth the risk.

GRey1

The Juke may very well be a niche' vehicle. It works perfectly for me, but it may not be for everyone (referring to the small trunk). I spend 90% or more of my time going back and forth to work or to the store. I don't normally have large items to bring home. I go to the grocery store and shop for 4 people and two Siberian Huskies. Two 50lb bags of dog food and groceries for the 4 of us fit nicely in the back. That's as full as it gets, so it works for me more than 90% of the time. I have an Altima as back up though.

silverarrow27

I totally agree with you GRey1, I was just a little disappointed that the trunk was so small. I really liked the styling and specs of the Juke, just didn't like the trunk size and the rear doors didn't open up that wide either. I've been looking at other vehicles since then...Juke really doesn't interest me much anymore. I have two cars myself, the other is my weekend warrior though and not another comfy driver.

DOUG2112
Car: 2011 NISSAN JUKE SV

pieceofnissan wrote:I just bought my Juke on the 30th of January. I'm very un-happy with the dealer. They said I can tow with the Juke. NOT TRUE. Section 9 page 15 clearly states "do not tow with this vehicle"

Its a sports cross. Don't know why you would want to put a hitch on it and tow stuff with it.

Return to “Juke Forum | Qazana Forum”