Thin/No insulation or cheap wheelwells?

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
desantim
Car: Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan, 2008

Hey everyone. I got my Sedan over here, and it rains a hell of a lot in Oregon as some of you may know. Well... I've noticed and never really commented until now, but I can hear the rain extremely well through the wheelwells. I've never heard individual water drops hitting the plastic before (wheel well lining), but it's uncanny. It's almost as if my altima magnifies the sounds.

I had a 97' Jetta before this, and too many cars to list before that (12 to be exact), and none of them had this problem. Hell, my Motorcycles were less noisy when it came to rain.

My car is the Sl 2.5, leather, etc. and I would have worn this car would have been better insulated from outside sounds than this.

Don't get me wrong, I still want to marry my car (See previous post) but it's just annoying. It just comes across as cheap. The rest of the car is great, but bleh. What a simple thing to guard from. Other man. seem to be able to do it.

Mario

Idok
Car: 2007 Altima 2.5 S/2008 2.5 coupe

I haven't noticed the noise from the rain that much Over on this side of the pass we don't get as much rain as you . My sedan is much quieter than my 02 Camry so I am really happy. Move over to the east side and you'll appreciate the noise lol.

spike228
Car: 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5s

Welcome to the Nissan family. If you wanted quality, you got the wrong car. You payed for the performance and looks, nothing else.

wild willy
Car: 02 Altima SE, 91 MR2, 04 Odyssey

spike228 wrote:Welcome to the Nissan family. If you wanted quality, you got the wrong car. You payed for the performance and looks, nothing else.
+1

My 02 was the same way...Except the noise came from the rear wells. A couple of cans of rubberized undercoating in the wells and on the undercarriage did wonders

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”