Thermostat Question

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
Big_Tone
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x (White w Java interior; Tech Pkg)
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Custom 2 1/4” exhaust with Jones Exhaust X-Pipe
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Hey guys. I’ve been meaning to ask this question for years, but always for get. My car’s temp doesn’t seem to have much range. It’s either AC at 60º or heat at 61º. There’s no warming up from AC to heat and it’s been this way for the entire time I’ve owned my car. This winter I noticed the heat would come on the driver’s side, but would blow cold on the passenger. If I raved the engine heat would start blowing on the passenger side. Anyone else experience either of these issues?

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I think this sounds like a heater core issue.

Also, near the knee panel under the steering wheel on the right side, there is a sensor that if not plugged in can cause the 60 and 61 issue...but heat on one side is most likely heater core.

Big_Tone
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x (White w Java interior; Tech Pkg)
PPE Headers; HPS Intake
Custom 2 1/4” exhaust with Jones Exhaust X-Pipe
Infiniti Sport mufflers

Ilya wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:49 am
I think this sounds like a heater core issue.

Also, near the knee panel under the steering wheel on the right side, there is a sensor that if not plugged in can cause the 60 and 61 issue...but heat on one side is most likely heater core.
Got it. I'll check and see if I'm able to locate the sensor and will look into replacing the heater core. Thanks!

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”