thermoquiet brake pads for 95 Q45

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
ahmed_wasim
Car: 95 Q45

Hi,I have my 95 Q45 145k inspected today for VA state inspection. The mechanic said it need rear brake pads. He checked with Nissan for OEM pads but can't find them. He is going to install thermoquiet brake pads. Anybody knows about them. He claims they are as good as OEM. Regards,Wasim.

Jesda

Uhh, did he bother calling an Infiniti dealer?

JT_MONEY_2004
Car: 1990 Q45, Pearl

He needs to check w/ Infiniti not Nissan. The internet has 'em too. Try TireRack.com

ahmed_wasim
Car: 95 Q45

He called the only infiniti dealer about 35-40 miles away but they were not willing to ship the pads with next day delivery. To drive the vehicle in VA it must pass state inspection. Now my car has a failed inspection sticker. I can order parts from Scottsdale infiniti but it will take atleast couple of days to get here and I need my car. Would it be safe to install thermoquiet for now and then change back to OEM next time. Will it hurt anything.

Jesda

Scottsdale offers next day shipping.

If you're only looking to get past inspections, use the cheapest pads you can get, then replace them and save them for a rainy day, or sell them on ebay.

Falkdesigns
Car: 1998 Q45t ~ EXE

I have heard only good things about these pads. The backing plate is part of the pad, so they won't move like virtually all others do being held on with double stick tape. My pads this summer will be Akebono Ceramics though on Brembo OE rotors. Might want to see if he can get those.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”