There's a little Gremlin running around my Q45a

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
GreenQ45a
Car: 2012 Altima 3.5 SR CVT - Dark Slate w\Black Leather Sport\Tech\Premium

2010 Pathfinder 4.0 SE Auto - Red w\Grey Cloth Towing Pkg\Tech 1

Now that the alternator and active computer are good to go the Slip and TCS lights came on.

My active Suspension Controller wire harness arrives from Japan in a week and I want to start rehabing the interior the seats after ordering new strut towers from texasoil I got accumulators a while ago but one of the towers are leaking and at Texasoils price you can get all 4 for what the dealer charges for one...

any way where should I start with the TCS \ SLIP lights .. the fuse under the hood seems ok ... is there a fluid resvouir for the TCS?

thanks

redmanfx
Car: 92 Q45a

Mr. green, are you crazy for posting this here? The Infiniti on line mechanic is the correct forum for this type of Question. Good thing I got to you first! I don't want you to be banned or shredded for posting here And no double posting either!!

Whew! Besides, when you have part of my car in your car, what can go wrong??..

I wish I knew something about the TCS system so I could help you..

I just got my 92 Q45 service manual in the mail today and love it!!! It's so tiny!!! Thick, but it's 8 x 6.

red

GreenQ45a

So I dissconnected the battery for 3 mins and the light went off???

well see if it returns...

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

redmanfx wrote:I just got my 92 Q45 service manual in the mail today and love it!!! It's so tiny!!! Thick, but it's 8 x 6.

red
I got the CD, and printed all 3 million pages. It printed 8.5 x 11. The binder is 300# and 17" thick, but at least I can read it!
GreenQ45a wrote:any way where should I start with the TCS \ SLIP lights .. the fuse under the hood seems ok ... is there a fluid resvouir for the TCS?
Yes, it is just like the brake fluid reservoir. It is close to the battery.

redmanfx
Car: 92 Q45a

I've got the CD as well, but I wanted the actually service manual for my year 92 Q. Plus it's portable....

GreenQ45a

"Yes, it is just like the brake fluid reservoir. It is close to the battery."

That seems ok almost full.

Its look a little old though... Could use a flush .

"Turkey Baster" time?

Which fluid the recommend one on the cap or is there a NICO way of doing it?

PS I think this just got booted to the IOM.

The light didn't come on the whole way home last night.

rsiwicki
Car: 95 Q45T

Green.....do you hear a distinct "buzzing" sound coming from the area by the battery? I have the same problem with a random display of the TCS/SLIP light and thought it was related to my original rearend as it clunked really bad lately, but after switching to a new 4.08 rearend the lights still come on and all I can figure out is that when I start the car I instantly hear a buzzing on & off again sound for the first 5 minutes of operation and then don't hear anything else anymore and then the error lights all come on. I never drive with TCS on anyway because of my driving habits. I can't figure out where exactly the buzzing sound is coming from but initial thoughts after reading old posts is its some relay that went bad. I will have to hunt down the TCS box and pull the codes.

GreenQ45a

Is your Q45 and Active\TCS?

Check the relays 1st, there easy and cheap!

Lift up the battery and battery tray and they are mounted to the righthand side make sure there is no battery gunk that may have accumulated over time...

Pull the relays and clean them with some EPC (electric parts cleaner).and grease(electirc grease) them around the rubber gromet. Clean the whole area .

I do that with every connector I touch in the Q just in case.Plus who knows what the part number is for new OEM wire harness connectors seals anyways?

Start your car and listen again.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”