The Wheels

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
t-bay j

Thanks for the compliments. The FX35 and 45 come with 20"x8" wheels. I bought them on ebay. I will warn you, they are a really tight fit on the J. The tires used on the FX are way too large to fit on a J30. I have 245/35/ZR20's on mine. This is still a tight fit. Even with these tires, you may still have to modify the strut towers* with a cutting wheel or a grinder. Wheel spacers or a smaller tire size may be a better solution than strut tower modification. Honestly, I do not know which is the better way to go about this. My wheels have always spun freely without any spacers or modifications. With that said, there was wear present on the struts even before I installed the FX rims. I bought the car with a set of dubs already on it (they were a half inch wider than the the FX wheels). This is where I believe the wear came from.Another important note that I will point out is that my J is a 1995 (10/94) NON-touring version. So, I have no clue whether the FX wheels will fit on a J30t.If you do decide to purchase a set of used FX wheels, make sure that the entire set is from only one vehicle. I know of at least two different colors available. Both sets appear to be silver in color, but one has a gold hue at certain angles. Besides, I think that one of the silvers used is darker than the other.In conclusion, I HIGHLY recommend anyone interested in installing FX wheels on their J30 consulting someone with more experience and more knowledge on this subject than I can provide. Good luck.

*I do not know if I was using the proper terminology in regard to the struts. I will try to get my car on a lift and take some pics, for reference and perhaps better clarity, ASAP. I have a term paper due in a couple of weeks but I'll get my car in the air as soon as I can. T-bay.

93j30t

i've seen 21's on J's...

i wouldn't recommend it, since your ride will shake worse than a missy elliot video (ooooooo!!!)

brandonjustice93J30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30

actually there are 18's offered on the FX35 as well, b/c the 18's were what My Mom was going to get on hers until the dealer wouldnt work with her on the right payment.

However I do like how the 20's look on there, but like you already said I was kinda wondering how they rode with rubbing and such. I remember just going from a 31x10.5 to a 32x11.5 tire on my truck made them rub when I turned.

I've got a set of 18" Kosei Seneca RG's with the optional center caps from my Spyder I'm gonna try to fit on my J30 later this spring once it stops snowing and I get new rubber on them. I'll post pics of them on the J once I see if they'll fit and get them on.

but this is what they looked like when I had them on my Cutlass, when the Spyder first blew...and I had good rubber on them

t-bay j

Those wheels will look good on your car. I hope they fit.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”