The Versa ROCKS!!

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
bkb433
Car: Nissan Versa

I got the only one that rolled into Reidsville NC on the 4th of July and I love it more than I thought I would . Gas mileage is great and I can't believe how roomy this thing is for a small car. If you're a gadget person you'll love this car!! the blue tooth is really cool!!! Whenever they show up close to you at least go and check it out!!!

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

So far, the Versa has received Nuthin but luv from owners.

Welcome to NICO by the way.

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

audtatious wrote:Welcome to NICO by the way.

WpgMonty

I hope so! We've narrowed down our choice to the Yaris 3-door CE or the Versa 1.8S. We already bought a Yaris for our son, but now we are replacing another vehicle, and want a cheap high-milage econo car, and I think the Versa should do the job, if we can ever get to test drive one.

Anybody else have a Versa yet? I would like to hear how it comparew to the Yaris and the Fit.

Mudd
Car: 2007 Versa Hatchback SL

WpgMonty wrote:I hope so! We've narrowed down our choice to the Yaris 3-door CE or the Versa 1.8S. We already bought a Yaris for our son, but now we are replacing another vehicle, and want a cheap high-milage econo car, and I think the Versa should do the job, if we can ever get to test drive one.

Anybody else have a Versa yet? I would like to hear how it comparew to the Yaris and the Fit.
I can give you an old man's view. It is quiet, smooth, not powerful on take-off, good looking interior to include seats, dash, trim.

My wife drives a Toyota Avalon and she admits that the Versa is about as quiet as the Avalon and a lot more fun to drive. Road feel is just about right with the Electric Power Steering. Without anyone in the rear seats, gets a little choppy over humps, but not bad enough to be a bother.

First tank gave an impressive 36.4 mpg. I drove very conserviative on this one. I'm on the second tank now and know I won't do well this time. Just had to punch it several times on takeoff and check high speed once. Will run faster than I ever want to drive. I quit as 100mph. Took a while to get there but the little sucker will go.

I think you will find the quality of the uphostery and seats above the Yaris. Also we both like th CVT Transmission, smooth, reasonable quick after you begin to move, and just classic I think. Have the SL with a lot of things I don't need but they were there and I liked to color.

The Fit is not yet available in this area. I too wanted to compare it. It has an excellent writeup. One Editor complained about the vehicle's stability on the hiway with side or head wind. He said the Fit walked around more that he thought is should. Believe it was because of the high body.

Look in the Picture Gallery for some shots of the exterior and interior along with the engine compartment.

kaotical24
Car: 07 NISSAN VERSA SL

i tested the yaris, to me it felt really weak as far as engines going on a up hill, plus, it seemed cramped, i like the way it looked, but with the versa, everything is good like how "MUDD" said, my only thing bout the versa is mostly the high profile of the car, going fast on a turn feels as if the car was drifting, normally on my "OLD" car at the same speeds i would not get the drifting feeling, however, with the wheels being spread apart, i did handle the turns really good even tho i increase the speed, and if it was the car that drifted, i felt like i was in control the whole time. ooooo, another thing i want to add is that today while driving in the los angeles area full of cars and acidents, i had to make a sudden stop on the freeway going 65mph, i had to break and maneuvered to the shoulder of the freeway within 20ft and the car did really well where i say with the old bucket i used to drive would have crashed

91RMKS13
Car: 1992 240sx

Hey Mudd is from Howard county! I am from Howard county! Hello Mudd glad to know that you like the Versa. I havent seen one around here yet. I guess I will have to check out the local dealerships to test one out. I deffinatly would love to pick one of these up but I will have to wait until I finish my training for the Marines (leave for basic in a week).

bkb433

I can't say enoug how I'm loving my Versa. As far as comparison with the Yaris and the Fit the Versa has more interior room and more bells and whistles ( if you like that stuff) for an incredibly cheap price. I'm still amazed that most dealers are only getting in 1 or two and they are selling fast. There is even one dealer close to me that is only doing test drives on theirs and is not selling yet. Not sure what the deal is.

Mudd

Great to hear from you. I live out on the Gail Hwy, about 4 miles out. Brock had a Fire Truck Red one last Fri. Don't know if standard or automatic. Red is not my color. You probably won't need a vehicle if you are going into the Marines soon. Get one when you come back. I'm an old man retired after 20 years in the Air Force.

bkb433

I'm getting some pics together to send to you to submit my car. It will be the same ones I put in the gallery.

91RMKS13

Thats cool I live over by the base. I was wanting to wait until I find out I am getting stationed before looking at one. Oh also my grandfather also servered in the airforce. He retired from it after 22 years.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Props to our vets and active duty folks!

Back to the Versa.

91RMKS13

AZhitman wrote:
Props to our vets and active duty folks!

Back to the Versa.
I just got one of there brochures for it. I think I am going to see about a test drive either Tuesday or Thursday .

Mudd

Thanks for the hit for the Vets and the Active Duty guys. I for one believe the real praise should be to the young guys like, 91RMKS13 and others that are volunteering for the military when the country is at War with another. They know what they face and are doing it willingly. Not me, the Draft Board got me! I made a career of it but would not have if not for the Draft.

will1911a1
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S

I just bought my Versa a couple days ago and I'm loving mine as well.

I work for a Toyota/Nissan dealership and I've driven the Yaris (both the liftback and the sedan), the Scion xA, and the Versa. Much to the chagrin of my fellow Toyota people I chose the Versa over it's competition. It's just a nicer car for the money.

Kermee

will1911a1 wrote:I just bought my Versa a couple days ago and I'm loving mine as well.

I work for a Toyota/Nissan dealership and I've driven the Yaris (both the liftback and the sedan), the Scion xA, and the Versa. Much to the chagrin of my fellow Toyota people I chose the Versa over it's competition. It's just a nicer car for the money.
I agree. A lot of reviews showed the Versa being "more expensive" than the competition but once the average U.S. driver adds up all the options, the pricing becomes basically par for the course.

One of the major considerations for getting any of the Yaris/Scion/Versa/Fit was great MPG. The Versa has great MPG and more power than any of the competitors I was looking at. The Honda Fit might of been "sportier" but I had to get that VTEC engine into high RPM's to actually do any of the "sporty" things I wanted. The Versa w/CVT I just add gas and it just... goes.

Cheers,Kermee

Return to “Versa General Chat”