The Titan hath comith!!!

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
NISTECH

We recieved our first 2 Titans at the dealer today. Oh hell yea is all that came to mind. After I finished the pdi I took it out for a little run on the highway. think i got a woody. thing is sweet!!! I rolled up next to a chevy in the #2 lane kinda matched his speed for a bit I looked over at the driver gave a sh** eaten grin and I opened her up, SEE YA BUDDY. left him lookin at nothin but tail lights. I will own one of these suckers in about 6 months boys. The style on this thing is awesome. We had a tundra in the shop while we were doing the PDI's it was dwarfed by these 2 rigs. the one I PDI'ed was a crewcab with the 4x4 chassis 2wd. it goes for 31G's The other was a 4x4 base model extended cab with suicide rear doors it goes for 27G's not bad since you cant touch a comparable chevy for less then 40G's Didnt have the digi cam with me today If they dont sell them tonight I will try to get a pick of them tomorrow for you guys. Oh I still have goose bumps from it.

CraigB
Car: Drag Racing and Nissans

Sweet, when our dealer gets one they'll have to peal me of the window of it. :D

NISTECH

oh you'll like ,trust me! they are gonna be slow comin for awhile thats why i gotta wait six months to get my cost on it. we have 12 more on order and we wont see them for awhile 9 are coming on the 24th of this month then the next scheduled shipment isnt till Feb.

Rex
Car: None

They got good press in the latest Popular Mechanics, it was a full size truck comparo and they like everything about the Titan. Can't find anything on their site about it.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

I remember saying them to be bigger than a tundra, how much bigger is it?

oh yeah, what are specs and performance on the motor? I didn't catch that part of the review on car and driver television...

NISTECH

its already won an award for four wheel drive comparoson. heres some specs out of an artical I gave nick our artical manager to post.

The 2004 Titan pickup truck is Nissan’s first entry into the North American full-size truck market.It is a credible and capable half-ton pickup with a robust full-boxed section frame designedspecifically for full-size pickup use. Titan features a distinctive exterior styling and a roomy, highstyleand versatile interior. It also includes leading-edge technology and capabilities, such as:• 5.6L “Endurance” V-8 engine (VK56DE) with 305 horsepower and 379 lb.-ft. of torque• 9,500-lb (4,309 Kg) towing capacity on SE 2WD; 9,400-lb (4,264 Kg) capacity on allother models• King Cab with Wide OpenTM doors, allowing nearly 180 degrees of rear cargo areaaccess• Crew Cab with best-in-class second row legroom• Available High Utility cargo bed, featuring an industry-first factory spray-in bedliner, Utili-TrackTM channel system and numerous functional additionsKey competitors in Titan’s class are Ford F-150, Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Dodge Ram 1500and Toyota Tundra.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

would the VK56DE be a variation of the motor found in the Q, like a bored out version of it?

NISTECH

not really but based on the same design

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I've seen some pictures of the Titan and I am not really that impressed by the exterior styling. I think that the interior looks really nice though. Maybe it is just the pictures. I wasn't too found of the M45 when I first saw pics of it, but then seeing it in person, changed my perspective. Maybe the Titan will be the same way.

NISTECH

I felt the same way about it till I seen a final production vehicle. I seen a preproduction prototype a few months ago that was traveling around the us on a flat bed. and it didnt impress me either but the final cut is sweet looking. of course the one we just got was super black. which added to its appeal.

CraigB

I got to see three Titan's last sunday and I must say I want one even more now!

This is a full size truck in every aspect. They had both a crew cab and king cab but only two color's (maroon and the dark grey). One of the trucks had the full "utli-bed" setup, which looked like it would just get in the way if you where actually trying to haul something...

It also seemed that the prices where inflated $2k-$3k on all of them. I've never delt with this particular dealer (it's a about 90 miles from me), but I hope this isn't going to be standard practice...

NISTECH

yea most dealers try to profit on new models our dealer is marking them up almost 5000 above MSRP. if I bought one now thats what I would have to pay. but if I wait till the initial onslought of these things goes by and the dealer supply goes up then I can get it at a much lower price since I work for nissan. All the utility bed components slide right out in seconds giving you full bed capacity. the floor rails are flush with the bed ridges so as not to interfere with loading. These trucks also have bed extender options like the frontier I added one to a lot unit as well as step rails. the dealer alredy had rims added to it. I must say it was sweet looking.

CraigB

It'll still be a couple of years before I can be serious about buying one and at that I'll probably go used anyway...

I'm not keen on the bed extenders, but I never haul dirt bikes or anything.

You say they already put some aftermarket wheels on one? You don't happen to know what the size and backspacing on the wheels that came off of it do you?

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”