the things people sell..... and those sad souls who buy them

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...53448

read some of the sellers 'facts'.

BS like this just pisses me off.

:bsflag :aug2

-Dan

Jusepi97sx
Car: S14's

the hell is that.... ?

looks like those blowers you can put on the end of a lawn trimmers...

i'd buy it though!!!

(to do gardening of course)

klorocks
Car: paintball, skydiving, airsoft, driving - ya know anything for a thrill

Im sold - Noone will out bid me for a tenth of the cost and half the spool up time:crazyno really, this guy makes it sound greeeeaat

"Does the thought of over heating your engine with a turbo kit keep you awake at night? No need to worry about this because it puts out less heat than an oldfassion turbo with an intercooler."

Thats why i stay up at night.

Really, though, what the hell is that?

Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

thats why I am still awake at 3:30am!

im trying to figure out why on earth I would spend $1500+ on a turbo kit that is going to destroy my engine and make it over heat, and not be ANYWHERE NEAR as efficient..

this guy has all the answers!

throw in some lame math, a few gimmicky sales pitches.... and you've got yourself an awesome product to sell to the masses :)

I can see all the ricers buying these things and bragging.. "Yup.. my car is turbo"

blah...

:chainsaw to all of these mongoloids who sell gimmicks on ebay.or phony permormance shops for that matter...but im not going to mention any names of da shops ;)

-Dan

AunVoh

all this time, i always wonderd why i stayed up so late at night, and here i thought it was because i watched to much lesbian p0rn, but i guess its just becuase i want a turbo that will ruin my engine :devil

Xeromist
Car: Cars, Music, Computers

You know what's keeping me up at night? I'm still trying to figure out how this thing supposedly works. Reminds me of that CD Doctor thing.

JK's240

I'm still awake because I'm working night audit. *grumble*

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

it looks like that thing that you find in your toilet, the black thingy---you know? bwahaha!

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Oh look an old battery operated fan. I bet I can sell it on ebay! :alcoholic

Frappe
Car: Graphic Art, Theate, Driving

This was up on zilvia a while back. They're actually used in pool filters, to circulate the water. And of course, if it's good enough for holes in the ground full of chlorine, think of what kind of performance it must have for your car.

ChickenBoo

Frappe wrote:This was up on zilvia a while back. They're actually used in pool filters, to circulate the water. And of course, if it's good enough for holes in the ground full of chlorine, think of what kind of performance it must have for your car.
Oh my god.... You have GOT to be kidding me.... Check out some more of that moron's feedback, the only other thing he sold was reportedly incomplete. And then he tried to explain it off by the guy not living in the United States or using paypal...

Spectre
Car: 1995 240sx se

Man that makes me want to take my computer's cooling fan off and sell it on e-bay. let's go find out where he lives and beat the crap out of him :bash

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

We'll just stick that "turbo" up his a** and see how many psi he has.

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

You have convinced me to sign up to this board after seeing that post. I like how he says "not your average run of the mill turbo"... how many turbos do you know of that are "run of the mill" It might also help to be able to spell, Greedy is one company i haven't heard of before..

Do you want to go Turbo but are worried about over boosting? Dont worry about it any more with this. A variable boost controller is included so you can adjust it when ever you want.

LOL that's funny these people should be banned from E-Bay.. these are the type of people that make people feel unsure about purchasing from such a site.

Anywho,That's my rant, Lates

FrEaK

You have convinced me to sign up to this board after seeing that post. I like how he says "not your average run of the mill turbo"... how many turbos do you know of that are "run of the mill" It might also help to be able to spell, Greedy is one company i haven't heard of before..

Do you want to go Turbo but are worried about over boosting? Dont worry about it any more with this. A variable boost controller is included so you can adjust it when ever you want.

LOL that's funny these people should be banned from E-Bay.. these are the type of people that make people feel unsure about purchasing from such a site.

Anywho,That's my rant, Lates

Daunttless

It truly is sad. I can't believe anyone actually falls for these things. Its plastic, if it were actually a turbo, it would melt. Also, it would technically be a supercharger, because it would be electronically driven, instead of driven by the combustion of the engine, hence turbocharger.

It truly does destroy consumer confidence, and I hate these things. Also, the only time any of those turbo kits are dangerous is if idiots are using them. Oh well, not much that can be done. Its too bad that you can't comment on peoples auctions. : )

Jubs180

haha, you don't know how many times I would of loved to comment on peoples auctions.or email the people who are bidding on them to tell them that they are buying from a friggen idiot..but thats against ebays end user agreement as far as I know.

i looked at his past auctions, and he had sold an actual turbo kit from his sohc civic.... someone who you'd THINK had knowledge....of some sort... would sell some total BS like this..

pisses me off.

:angryfire

-Dan

FrEaK

I have a feeling this guy is trainee scam artist. When he sells this turbo i want to see buyers report. :squint

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

Flows 600cfm eh... thats at no load. I would like to see it make 1/1000th of a psi of boost. The compressor on a turbo overpowers the backup in the intake, aka boost, to create more backup/boost. No way in hell a tiny plastic electric motor can withstand boost.

Daunttless

No way a tiny plastic shell like that could withstand much boost either, not with the temperatures that would be caused by boosting that much. : )

Xeromist
Car: Cars, Music, Computers

Daunttless wrote:No way a tiny plastic shell like that could withstand much boost either, not with the temperatures that would be caused by boosting that much. : )
It's special forged plasteel.

Daunttless

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. : )

Maybe if it were some special, high density, specially coated space aged polymer. But, uh, it looks like the kind of plastic they make Barbie's out of. : )

FrEaK

And other assorted Matel products.... Get yours today!:squint

Movingviolation240
Car: Big boost and flying are 2 of the 3 things I can't turn down

Daunttless wrote:Oh yeah, I forgot about that. : )

Maybe if it were some special, high density, specially coated space aged polymer. But, uh, it looks like the kind of plastic they make Barbie's out of. : )
You'd know all about what they make barbie's out of huh........

klorocks
Car: paintball, skydiving, airsoft, driving - ya know anything for a thrill

i emailed the guy asking what the hell that thing was, and ebay returned my mail for some reason

redrocket
Car: 1987 200sx SE, 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic Crew Cab, and 1999 Kawasaki ZX9R

Tired of that barbie beach jeep going so slow :( , wish you had something to keep up with the barbie vette next door :thumbup , well we have your answer right here your very on turbocharger :eek: for that barbie jeep gurrentied to make 2 extra horsepower at the wheels no more getting left behind show those neighborhood toddlers whose boss :ylsuper until mom comes home

some assembly required

Daunttless

I bet 2 horsepower would be smokin in one of those things. : )

redrocket
Car: 1987 200sx SE, 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic Crew Cab, and 1999 Kawasaki ZX9R

yeah specially with those hard plastic wheels you would never get traction

Daunttless

Hehe, burnout contests in the barbie jeep. : )

skydragoness
Car: 03' 350z Touring 6spd
92' 240sx 60k survivor :)

my sister loved barbies, she had a pink convertible mustang

what we would do is set up one of her talking barbies (this one said ditzy sh*t like " wow! wouldn't it-- be cool--- to go to--- the mall, with ken--- and stacy" --she talked like a robot)

anyhow, i'd give the stang a push and she'd press the 'talk' button on the barbie so when the stang collided with her she say "Wow!" We thought that was the funniest sh*t ever

anyhow, we were very bored, extremely bored

Return to “240sx General Discussion”