The ORG is Back

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
lindselle24
Car: spending time with my car

AZhitman: I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish the owners of the .org would consider allowing us to buy the domain and make the .org a portal to NICO's Maxima forums... Much like we did with 240sx.org....

Unlimited space, plenty of room for growth, full credit to the founders, no more hassles for them, no more bleeding money every month for bandwidth and hosting, and a HUGE support network to transfer articles and threads...

We have 99.8% uptime since Feb 2004 (unheard of for a forum this size).

Maybe you guys can team up and work on them to consider this... It would be an absolute honor to merge with them. I'd give them some VERY broad latitude in running the show if they wanted.

I'm always available, and you can email me for my phone #.

-Don't you think that even if you guys own the org, you'll have problems with it too?? I'm sure those guys aren't idiots and just not doing something right. Just a thought...

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Lindselle:

I dont think he meant any disrespect to anyone, but mergers are not uncommon in recent years, witness 240sx.org with Nico or altimas.net with automotiveforums.

We have an incredibly capable server, if the .org ran off our server, I dont think we would ever see the problems that have been typical.

Also the Nico volunteer staff in large and well organized when it comes to site-issues, our owner can be reached (almost) 24 hours a day, also at almost any given time at least one of our 4 Admins is available to fix what needs fixing.The .org has some great Moderators, but with the addition of our staff, I think we would see a lot of addtional good things happening.

An area were we can't touch the .org in, is articles and Maxima activity and this area they would help us address, just like we could help with other things we are very strong in.

We would both benefit remendously I think.

When Altimas.net merged with automotive forums.com it was a simliar situation to this, a one car brandname with high traffic having outgrown its set-up and being taken care of, by a parent org with a great server.

One open secret in the internet world is, that outages are the common sign for a site, to not addressing the upkeep to its server.

We are already running a huge server, outages would be eliminated for the .org, as well as >all< of their own monthly expenses.

But anyway, I agree with Greg, it would be good for us , but our suggestion is just that, a suggestion (even tho a very good one).

Regardless what happens, we can all have fun talking about our cars and big props to the new man over there, on taking over his new responsibilities.

Fred..:)

I30tMikeD

For those of you who like to rag on maxima.org, and I am not refering to this thread alone, but a few others I have read here and at maximaracing.org.....I bet you cars and knowledge of maxima's would not be a 1/10 of what it is today if it was not for maxima.org

PalmerWMD

Mike:

Please see what I wrote above, no disrespect intended of any kind, and the betting thing above, was just in good fun I am sure, after all, those guys are all long year members there.

Fred...:)

PS: I am a long year .org member too

I30tMikeD

PalmerWMD wrote:Mike:

Please see what I wrote above, no disrespect intended of any kind, and the betting thing above, was just in good fun I am sure after all those guys are all long year members there.

Fred...:)

I didn't have you in mind when I posted that at all. It's more of culmination of threads/posts I have seen here and at maximaracing.org

I won't hide the fact that I am a moderator at maxima.org and at maximaracing.org.

It just seems funny to me how people don't appreciate what having maxima.org has done. there would be no MEVI's available to us, no headers, no turbo kits, no countless DIY write ups......

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Mike, for the most part, most of the people on here do appreciate the .org. I've been on there for a few years as well and have contributed to their tech base. The only negative comments that have been made concerns the slowness and outages of that site. It IS the premier site for information concerning Maxima's on the internet. We all know that. Unfortunately, over the last year or so it has been crippled due to the restriction of the search engine. Sure, you can donate and have access, but a large number of people do not frequent the forums enough to warrant a donation (and you must have a debit card associated with your PayPal account to donate as credit cards will be bounced and denied).

I definately don't see us as being haters of the org....

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I30tMikeD wrote:It just seems funny to me how people don't appreciate what having maxima.org has done. there would be no MEVI's available to us, no headers, no turbo kits, no countless DIY write ups......

Mike - All I can say is this: I wouldn't be as interested in merging with the dot org if it wasn't full of great people, top-notch information, and a true passion for these cars.

I think there is enormous appreciation, but sometimes people don't know how good they have it (human nature).

I echo everything Fred said, and I can't wait to discuss with the current owners.

We just upgraded YET AGAIN to a redundant server setup that can handle a site 10x our size, so outages are of little to no concern.

PalmerWMD

AZhitman wrote:We just upgraded YET AGAIN to a redundant server setup that can handle a site 10x our size, so outages are of little to no concern.
10 times our traffic is a LOT.

Fred..:eyecrazy:

phenryiv1
Car: 2003 Sentra SE-R SpecV

audtatious wrote:So Kev and Jane are gone now?

It is my understanding that they are not involved in the site at this time.

phenryiv1

Mike-You know that I rant about the org, but I am surely not bashing it. I love both sites.

duccati02
Car: Music, Cars

You would be stupid to hate the org. It's the best place to get info about your max. It's just whoever is running it is not doing a good job. People get a little annoyed when they see it down every other week.

phenryiv1

duccati02 wrote:It's just whoever is running it is not doing a good job. People get a little annoyed when they see it down every other week.

This particular outage was planned as an opportunity to undo or fix the neglect of the last 8 months. It is taking longer than expected, but at least the initial interruption WAS planned. The new owner is a lot more on top of things. He is on there all day, every day. He has around 20,000 posts, not counting his posts in the off-topic forum.

I doubt that he will let things fall into a state of disrepair like the last owners. They did well for a while, but things got ugly this winter and they washed their hands of it.

jdmfreak

Well Ive never been to the org, but when it's back up and running, Ill be checkin it out. Im gonna try and copy all the good info I can.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

So, who is the new owner?

cullenj76
Car: 99 Q45t 04 SRT-4

Holy crap! This thread has blown up since I last checked it as I've been busy doing a clutch swap on my Brothers car.

Isn't Sprinty the new owner? My gut tells me that Shadow is the new owner and sprint is running it, but...

I've seen MAJOR improvement since the last downtime, MAJOR. Almost like a major spring-cleaning that was LONG overdue.

Not to get sentimental and mushy on you guys, but if it were not for the org I would not have some of the best friends that I have right now. That can be said for NICO too, but...Secondly, I would not have discovered NICO as I did, maybe not at all. Jimes discussions about Nitrous that helped me so much would be non existent, The all-motor guys(Mike, Ceasar, Neal, SR20den,)gave me inspiration, and Donkey and all the OT crew saved my a$$ many nights by keeping my laughing. I have tons of respect and appreciation for the org and hope that the new owner keeps doing what he's doing.

phenryiv1

I was under the impression that Doug is the new owner. Unless Shadow is a silent partner, I am pretty sure that Sprint is owner and admin. I know that he is king admin.

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”