The New Z-Bash 2016 - Nissan Skyline & GTR Invitation

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor
Car: 1971 240Z

Since we'll have some extra spaces at the 2016 Z-Bash car show (at Angel Stadium of Anaheim), we're inviting a few select Performance Brothers to the Z. Included in that list are Nissan Skylines & Nissan GTRs. While we've had many awesome Skylines & GTRs visit our showroom in Orange, CA, over the years, causing a stir and slow traffic, we've never had the space to invite them to the car show. That changes for the New Z-Bash for 2016. The New Z-Bash weekend is Friday through Sunday, May 13-15, 2016, with the big car show being on SATURDAY, May 14th, and a Track Event on Sunday, May 15th. Note that the Saturday show is now FREE. You can review all of the details on our Z-Bash page.

Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor

We actually did have an awesome Blue R35 GTR show up to one of our mini-shows recently! If you're on this forum, thanks for bringing it by!

RainR32
Car: R32 GT-R / 2015 STI Stage 2

I don't live to far from there, I will try to make it with my Skylike GT-R

James@TheZStore
Vendor
Car: 1972 240Z

RainR32 wrote:I don't live to far from there, I will try to make it with my Skylike GT-R

We would love to see your car at the show! Hopefully we can get a few of each generation since they're all beautiful works of art :)

GSX-R35
Car: 2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35
1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Grey Nismo R32

Where could I find more info on your mini-shows? I'd like to go to your Z-bash but I wouldn't know if I can until the date gets closer. I live in Yuma, AZ and wouldn't mind dropping in to your mini-shows if I'm in that neck of the woods. My Nismo R32 probably won't be ready to go anytime soon yet but I have built 830whp R35 as an alternative.

Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor

GSX-R35 wrote:Where could I find more info on your mini-shows? I'd like to go to your Z-bash but I wouldn't know if I can until the date gets closer. I live in Yuma, AZ and wouldn't mind dropping in to your mini-shows if I'm in that neck of the woods. My Nismo R32 probably won't be ready to go anytime soon yet but I have built 830whp R35 as an alternative.
Oops. Sorry to mislead you. Our "mini shows" were those years when we couldn't close the street or get a larger venue, and could only have a smaller show in our own parking lots. You can see images from those smaller shows, along with the big shows in 2013, 2012, and 2009 on our show history page. 1996 was the first show, just in our parking lot. From 1997 to 2008 were all large format shows. It's been a great run of 20 years, and #21, this years New Z-Bash, should be the best yet!

From what we've heard so far, there is likely to be a group of Z-Cars coming from Arizona to both the show and the Track Day. Sounds like a great road trip if you all came together!

GSX-R35
Car: 2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35
1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Grey Nismo R32

Joseph@TheZStore wrote: Oops. Sorry to mislead you. Our "mini shows" were those years when we couldn't close the street or get a larger venue, and could only have a smaller show in our own parking lots. You can see images from those smaller shows, along with the big shows in 2013, 2012, and 2009 on our show history page. 1996 was the first show, just in our parking lot. From 1997 to 2008 were all large format shows. It's been a great run of 20 years, and #21, this years New Z-Bash, should be the best yet!

From what we've heard so far, there is likely to be a group of Z-Cars coming from Arizona to both the show and the Track Day. Sounds like a great road trip if you all came together!
Oh okay, I thought you meant you did occasional parking lot-type shows at your store. I'll have to see if I can make it out in may to your event then.

Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor

A quick note to anybody considering coming to the show, if you also are considering a run on the Dyno, know that MCE Racing is only bringing their two wheel drive unit this time, so unfortunately we wouldn't be able to enjoy seeing your GTR strain the hold down straps, as fun as that would be.

But we sure would love to see any and all of them at the big Saturday show, or the Sunday track event at the Streets Of Willow Springs!

RainR32

Joseph@TheZStore wrote:A quick note to anybody considering coming to the show, if you also are considering a run on the Dyno, know that MCE Racing is only bringing their two wheel drive unit this time, so unfortunately we wouldn't be able to enjoy seeing your GTR strain the hold down straps, as fun as that would be.

But we sure would love to see any and all of them at the big Saturday show, or the Sunday track event at the Streets Of Willow Springs!
R32 GT-R can been done on a 2 wheel Dyno.

Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor

RainR32 wrote: R32 GT-R can been done on a 2 wheel Dyno.
Excellent. Shall I put you down for noon? ;)

RainR32

Joseph@TheZStore wrote:
RainR32 wrote: R32 GT-R can been done on a 2 wheel Dyno.
Excellent. Shall I put you down for noon? ;)
sounds good ;) lol

Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor

Happy to say I was wrong. Found this image of an awesome Skyline that came to our show back in 2002...

Help us increase our yearly average! :biggrin:

Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor

It is still early, but so far there have been 9 Z-Cars & a Roadster sign up for the Track Day at The Streets Of Willow Springs on Sunday, May 15th, 2016: A 370Z, 3 350Z's, a Z32, 4 240Zs, and a 68 2000 Roadster. Hopefully some of you boys and girls decide to bring your Skylines out to play! Just remember that there are only so many cars they can accept for a given Track Day. Don't hesitate, sign up before all the Honda guys do! Just go to our Track Day Page for all of the details.

Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor

Please help us out! We made the 2016 Z-Bash Car Show no charge and registration-free to make things as hassle free for our customers as possible. We do, however, need an idea of how many will be joining the show, so we can plan for the ball park (pun intended) number of cars that will show up at Angel Stadium, and avoid creating any hassles by not having registration.

So we're asking all to RSVP who are likely to come to the show (even if you're not certain yet) on Saturday, MAY 14th, 2016. You can simply let us know through this forum, or by emailing [email protected], or giving us a call at (800)633-6331, or telling us when you stop by our showroom. There is even a fan page now on Facebook, where you can RSVP.

Car Show Update: Just Confirmed! The first (up to 500) to bring their Z/Roadster/510/Skyline/GTR for entry into the car show will get a complementary 2016 Z-Bash/Abraham Memorial T-Shirt.

Track Day update: For those of you considering a fun road trip to Willow Springs, here is another update, the Sunday, May 15th, 2016 Track Event is now up to 20 Nissan/Datsuns, with 13 Z-Cars, and certainly more to come! Should be a blast!

Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor

Joseph@TheZStore wrote: Track Day update: For those of you considering a fun road trip to Willow Springs, here is another update, the Sunday, May 15th, 2016 Track Event is now up to 20 Nissan/Datsuns, with 13 Z-Cars, and certainly more to come! Should be a blast!
Just thought I would tell you guys there is already one GTR, a 2013 Nissan Skyline R35, signed up for the Track Day at Willow Springs. Somebody else has to sign up their Skyline now to give him a little competition, right? :chuckle:

Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor

Nissan is joining Z-Bash on Saturday, and will be bringing some cool things, including some new vehicles... (drumroll) LIKE THE FIRST WEST COAST SHOWING OF THE NEW 2017 NISSAN GTR Also, need one of the best tow vehicles available to tow your Z to the races? Then you'll like the First West Coast Showing of the NEW 2017 NISSAN TITAN!

Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor

Friday Update: A Garage Sale, a specific Friday Night Only Showroom Sale, food (rumor is Pizza), and lots of Z-Cars. What could be better? Starts around 5pm at our shop in orange (1139 W Collins Ave).

Saturday Map Update: This map shows where to enter Anaheim (Angel) Stadium for the Big Car Show on Saturday, and the directions between Motorsport Auto and Angel Stadium. All Show Entrants AND Spectators will enter the Angel Stadium Parking Lot from Orangewood Avenue. Please remember we need those who are driving in a Z-Car, Roadster, 510, Skyline, or GTR to show up before 9am for show or Z-Attendee parking. Spectators coming in other vehicles please arrive at 10am (or remain in the visitor parking area, so as not to interfere with entrant parking). For a simple link to add to your mobile device, just use thezstore.com/map.jpg. Thank you!

Saturday Z-Cars For Sale Update: Unfortunately, since we didn't make registration "mandatory" to join the For Sale area, registrations are running at a fraction of previous years. Judging from those years, more than these will be showing up "For Sale". Here are the Z's that have signed up to be in the For Sale area so far.
1970 Datsun 240Z | C-Production Race Car | 5-Speed Manual (G-Force Close Ratio Dog Ring Box) | Blue & White | Race Interior | 3-Liter Rebello | 4.38 LSD
1973 Datsun 240Z | 4-Speed Manual | Orange | Black Interior | Complete, Documented Restoration | Matching Numbers
1975 Datsun 280Z Coupe | 4-Speed Manual | Gold Metallic | Black/Brown/Red Leather Interior | Custom Everything | Z-Bash Previous Award Winner
1979 Datsun 280ZX Coupe | OEM 1983 Turbo Conversion | 5-Speed Manual | Blue Metallic | Black/Blue Interior
1981 Datsun 280ZX 2+2 | White | Red Interior | 176,514 Miles | Mostly Original
1982 Datsun 280ZX 2+2 | Turbo | White | Red Interior
1985 Nissan 300ZX Coupe | 5-Speed Manual | Dark Pewter (Charcoal) | 130,000 Miles | Second Owner | Original
1990 Nissan 300ZX Coupe | Turbo | 5-Speed Manual | Dark Gray Metallic | Black Leather | 88,000 Miles
2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe | 6-Speed Manual | Silverstone | Black Leather | 72000 Miles | Supercharged
2003 Nissan 350Z Coupe | 6-Speed Manual | Silver | Gray Interior | 137000 Miles | Tint & Lighting Upgrades

Saturday Food Truck Update: At Saturday's Big Car Show, we have confirmed the following Gourmet Food Trucks:
•Ninjas With Appetite - "Asian Fusion" - http://www.ninjaswithappetite.com
•Dogzilla - "Not Your Typical Wiener" - http://www.dogzillahotdogs.com
•Kala - "Artful Mexican Cuisine" - http://www.kalatruck.com
•Frankie's Frozen Treats - http://www.frankiesfrozentreats.com

Saturday Dyno Update: We still have a few spots left for the DYNOJET Dyno testing on Saturday at the Big Show. Last minute decider? If there are any spaces left, we WILL now be able to take your Dyno signup and payment right at the show. Just visit the Motorsport booth to see if any spaces are available. You can sign up through Friday at noon Pacific, by giving us a call at (800)633-6331. If you wait until the show, please bring cash. See the Motorsport Booth representative if you wish to reserve a Dyno run but have only a credit card, and we will direct you. Thank you.

Saturday Showroom Sale: Remember that there will be special Show-Only deals available at the Motorsport Showroom Saturday afternoon. The showroom will not be open Saturday morning.

Saturday AM Carbon Canyon Update: The meeting place is Costco Wholesale, 22633 Savi Ranch Parkway, Yorba Linda, CA. Please show up early (before 7:30). Please check your fluids, tire pressures, and have at least 1/2 tank of gas before arrival. Also, please RSVP to Ian from Group Z at [email protected], so they know how many Z-Cars to plan for! Thank you.

Saturday Show Help: A few notes to save you trouble. There will be room for folding chairs by your car in the parking area. However, no EZ-ups can be used in the show parking area, so please do not bring them. Alcohol is not allowed. Selling of merchandise is not allowed. Advertising, Flyers, or Promotions are not allowed. Cooking food within the stadium lot is not allowed. Drones are not allowed. If you need to bring your car on a trailer, please contact us ahead of time at [email protected] before 5pm Pacific Friday for details. Do Not just show up with a trailer. Portable restrooms are located behind the "Big A" sign. Food trucks will be located near the "Big A" sign. Information, assistance, additional T-Shirts, and more will be available at the Motorsport Booth & Stage near the "Big A". Cash only. Thank you for your cooperation.

Sunday Track Day Update: As of this post, there are 24 Z-Cars and 38 total Nissans signed up for the Track Day. They have added another intermediate group, so all groups are still available, however there are only a few spots left in total (less than 10 I believe). If you want to get in on the fun at The Streets Of Willow Springs, sign up quickly! Just want to Spectate? There are places to watch from, and $10.00 gets you in. In addition to all the Z-Cars, there are also GTRs, Vipers, 911's, Corvettes, an M3, a Legends Car, and many others. Get the details at our Track Event page, and be sure to grab the discount code before you click over to Speed Ventures to get signed up. 24+ Z-Cars?? This will be a blast!

Finally, have a safe trip, take lots of pictures & videos, and have a blast.

Joseph@TheZStore
Vendor

-
Even though it was the first year they were invited, with limited advertising, there were still some amazing Skylines & GTRs that came to Z-Bash, and were a big highlight of the show. Thanks to all from Greg & Your Motorsport Team!

Image Galleries from the Big Show weekend

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”