The new Mortal Kombat

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Here's the review
http://www.g4tv.com/games/xplay/

I actaully meant to preorder this game. If you do you get Scorpions original costume but I missed that. And, I actually meant to buy it today but completely forgot.

Anyways its been a while. TBH, after looking at the review it may not be as awesome as I thought or hoped, but I still want it just because Ive been there since Super Nintendo. I guess the biggest new feature is the x-ray views of bones crushing, looks pretty good. Some of the things I didnt like about this review was the cartoony look of the characters with super chizzled Lou Kang and unnaturally large breasteses. I hope they atleast jiggle. Another thing, I was hoping for a more realistic feel instead of the cheesiness that was mentioned, especially in the dialog. I want it to be a serious fighting game like they used to be. Just from that I can disagree with the 5/5 rating.

But, he things Im looking forward to are single player. I thought the one where you were Shujinko was great, along with the krypt coins and being able to buy all that stuff. Of course Fatalities are a must. Some of my favorite characters look to be returning, Smoke, Noob Saibot (Noob-Smoke maybe), Baraka, Cyrax, etc. along with new moves and graphics for special moves. Also, you can play as Kratos from God of War!!

I hope to pick it up this week. Does anyone else have it?

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

I played the free demo and may look for it used. Its just not worth the $60 new to me.

alms24sebring

Man I really had my heart set on this game but now I am having big second thoughts on if I wanna spend $60 on it. Just the way it looks and the way the gameplay may feel bothers me.

Anybody else pick this up?

anti_flag_army
Car: 91 Miata, 90 240sx coupe

if you were an MK fan in the snes days you need to get this game! It plays very well, not slow and clunky like the old ones, but still has the feel of them. It has a ton to do, from the surprisingly good story mode, to the huge challenge tower, tag team battles and a crap ton of unlockables in the krypt.

I am currently enjoying it even more than MvC3, it is not nearly as button masher friendly and requires a bit of strategy in the harder difficulties

alms24sebring

I have been since the very first one. Yeah a 300 player tower!! I hope you can save in between fights. I HATED button smashing. I used to lose to this one dude that all he did was mash random buttons that sounded like macaroni and cheese, and would beat me just about everytime. That s**t used to piss me off to the max.

Im still contemplating... (also Im broke now)

bware113
Car: '02 BMW TS M3
1990 Piggy Hatch

After being very skeptical about the game I bought it last Thursday and haven't been dissapointed.

I think I will main the NINJAS.
Smoke is unwordly fast: d, b + 4 is damn near unstoppable
Cyber Sub is better than OG sub IMO.
Noob is a fun character. d, u is great.
Cyrax and Sector I will master soon I hope. Their alternate costumes are kinda awesome too.
Scorpion is the same ol Scorpion. and I love it.
Haven't played with Ermac yet. but it looks like he's dummy nice.

Kitana and Jade and great attacks. Kitana is fast as hell and can space well.
Jax is pretty good IMO once he gets close

Sorry so long but Imm late on this thread.

alms24sebring

well thanks for the input. Ganna be honest and say that everyone Ive heard from is giving positive reviews on this game.

bware113
Car: '02 BMW TS M3
1990 Piggy Hatch

I hav to say I was pleasantly surprised. It's been over a decade since I last enjoyed the MK series.

Return to “Gaming”