The Magical Waterways of Kasargod

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
Alonsojo

With the vast green mountain belts of Western Ghats on the east and cobalt green Arabian Sea on the west; Kasargod is another prominent backwater destination of Kerala. The abundant water resource such as ponds, lakes, backwaters and upto eleven rivers crisscross the beautiful coastal belt which bequeaths it with a distinctly rich flora.

Valiyaparamba is a perfect holiday spot in Kasargod with transient spectacle of lush, swaying coconut groves and paddy fields that cover the quaint countryside. Travelers can watch the local citizens fishing busily and also learn to cast a line. The backwater is fed by four rivers and has scores of miniature islets, fine shorelines and lush vegetation of coconut and areca nut copses, scattered randomly all the way through. . The longest island, Valiyaparamba, stretches about 24 k from which the backwater derived its name. Valiyaparamba backwater is also in proximity to the Bekal fort, a renowned landmark which is the ultimate delight of archeologists and historians.

Chandragiri backwater cruise across beautiful islands, dense groves and spectacular sunsets offers a delectable experience for tourists. The Chandragiri fort is of historical and aesthetic prominence with stunning view of the azure sea and the melting sunsets.

Backwater cruise holidays also offer the chance for vacationers to indulge in many recreational activities such as bonfire dinners on nearby islands, canoeing, fishing, visits to temples, forts and tribal villages. The luxury stay at modish houseboats, the succulent seafood cuisine, an Ayurveda massage or two is sure revive you of all tensions.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

If only you would have come on here sooner I'd have made it my next vacation. As it is, I just booked a vacation package to lovely Gruinard Island. I hear the mutton is absolutely to die for.

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

Pretty sure this guy is making up names for places.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Kasargod is real enough, it's on the western coast of India.

Apparently there's a cottage industry of travel agent spammers.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I invite him on an endless tour of the valley of fromunda. Come play in the dense foliage and drink in the musky aroma.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”