The Long Awaited Write-Up: BIKIROM (35 Pages!)

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
BillKlineVT

Well, I finally got motivated to finish my write-up on the BikiROM daughterboard. This should answer alot of people's questions. Feel free to ask more questions or fix any errors by posting in this thread. I spent A LOT of time on this, so it feels good to finally share what I've found with others in the community.

Download the PDF here: http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bk...M.pdf

DontStopRockIt
Car: 1993 Nissan 24SX SE

This is awesome! I was waiting for something like this before I wanted to buy mine.

scarboroughdub

good job bill, im happy to see my s14 install photos in there(it makes me feel special)

anyways great write up i even learned a couple things that i was trying to figure out, im sure most people out there will greatly benifit from this .

radek

S13FX
Car: '69 l20b Dimeski :)

Quick question. If Im running a SOHC Im SOL? All I see is KA24DE, The whole bikirom idea had me intruged and then I noticed my beloved E is not included :'(

BillKlineVT

Nope, KA24E is not supported as of yet... might be in the future since I believe the CA18 ECU is similar and that may be supported in the future as well

KATwo40
Car: 1993 240sx KA-T

The SOHC can be easily chipped, so no need for a daughterboard. Just use something like RomEdit to read/alter the maps. Very simple.

MarkEmark
Car: fully-built '95 240sx KA-T

BillKlineVT wrote:Well, I finally got motivated to finish my write-up on the BikiROM daughterboard. This should answer alot of people's questions. Feel free to ask more questions or fix any errors by posting in this thread. I spent A LOT of time on this, so it feels good to finally share what I've found with others in the community.

Download the PDF here: http://filebox.vt.edu/users/bk...M.pdf
Quality work. I'm surprised you didn't put it on a DVD and try charging $55 for it

ShionS14
Car: 2003 Saab 9-3, 2005 Infiniti FX35

Any chance you will be attempting an OBD-II setup?

fiznat
Car: Grown up :(

Dude, WOW. Very nice work!! You put a ton of effort into that thing and it really shows. Thanks man, we need more people like you round here!

BillKlineVT

MarkEmark wrote:Quality work. I'm surprised you didn't put it on a DVD and try charging $55 for it
ROFL... don't be hating on our sponsors now!
ShionS14 wrote:Any chance you will be attempting an OBD-II setup?
It's been attempted... probably be a while but I'd imagine it'll be figured out for at least the 96 ECU's at some point, seeing as JWT does it
fiznat wrote:Dude, WOW. Very nice work!! You put a ton of effort into that thing and it really shows. Thanks man, we need more people like you round here!
Thanks man, figured it was my turn to contribute to the community

crzycav86
Car: 93 240sx KAT

MarkEmark wrote:Quality work. I'm surprised you didn't put it on a DVD and try charging $55 for it

Really nice work man. You are going to help a lot in the community with this.

virus77
Car: 95 S14, 71 240z, 97 e320

Thats a nice writeup man, good job.

Lantz
Car: '96 240sx KA-T (kouki conversion)

since they dont offer OBDII yet if i use an OBDI ecu and harness like enthalpy does would that work?

hannibal
Car: Red Line to Glenmont

^ I believe thats correct. However you couldnt pass emissions inspection without having an OBD2 ECU in the car...

Bill, I finally had a chance to read thru the guide. Great write-up!

BillKlineVT

Lantz wrote:since they dont offer OBDII yet if i use an OBDI ecu and harness like enthalpy does would that work?
You can use a 95 S14 ECU, no need for an adapter harness like enthalpy uses. The 95 ECU plugs right in with only needing to re-pin 4 wires on the harness as stated in the JWT document here: http://jimwolftechnology.com/w...D.PDF Mine worked fine before the re-pin, but I did it anyway, it's super easy.

drb930
Car: 98 Kouki 240SX SE, Auto, Red, Factory ABS - LSD Car

Hi Bill,

Outstanding work on that article!You are running the turbo that I am thinking about using and I wonder if you could tell me what you think about it, (boost lag) and what your setup is, exhaust manifold ect.? Also if you are running a .64 or.86?I am looking for 300RWHP and good low end torque.I will probably sue the BIKIROM daughter board which that thread is where I found you.I have a 98 KOUKI.Do you have a list of the part numbers for the 95 ECU’s as I talked to JWT today and they say that the 95 and 96 are the same, both OBDII

Thanks in advance for your help,Dave [email protected]

BillKlineVT

Thanks. I'm running the .64 A/R turbine housing. Lag is pretty much non-existant - full boost just off the wastegate actuator by 3100 rpm, will probably be even sooner once I hook up my greddy profec b spec2 boost controller. I'm right at about 300 rwhp/tq at 12 psi, and low end feels good, as well as the mid and top end. Going from a t25 to this turbo was a world of difference, especially in how 'smooth' it feels -kinda hard to explain, but I guess you'd call that transient response.

The 95 ECUs that seem to work are with the letters '3D' and '3C' on them, I forget which mine is, but I have the auto, and I think its the 3D, so 3C is the 5spd one. The 96 ECUs are definitely different.

drb930
Car: 98 Kouki 240SX SE, Auto, Red, Factory ABS - LSD Car

Hey Bill,

You never did tell me what kind of manifold you are running?Cams ect?

Thanks,Dave

SilviaSlydSydway
Car: 1991 Red KA-T~~~1989 White Coupe

awsome write-up...i think im gonna get a bikirom now!!!!

Chezedik
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

Can't get it now, but when can you get it? Sales have been down for over a week.

Shift_Kouki
Car: 95 240sx se

Looks like Bill's filebox seems to have been taken down. They don't let us keep them forever once we graduate, and have been taking them down sooner and sooner after graduation.

I think its still a good resource, but there seem to be some things that have changed with the release of the new boards.

GrImMy
Car: Nissan Sabre 200GXi

Hi everyone.

Just have a quick question, does anyone still have this PDF file that was shared or can it be re-hosted by someone? Doing a BikiROM install in a day or 2 and this might be very helpful.

Thanks

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”