the kids 240

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
wynnEZ
Car: 90 240 CA POWA!

tramp_drift240 wrote:you cant act all calm and stuff after you tell people to suck your nuts, and call your dad a douche.
What he said.

But I forgive you. Your lucky to have a dad like your's.

Tomcl
Car: 92 civic for sale

this is one of the first builds iv seen done right no half *** work

Quality_Salvage
Car: 1996 240sx 1981 Volvo 242 Turbo 1980 Volvo 242 GT

^ Fail at sig.

Nice build... but I agree with the others stating that Horsepower + Amateur = problems. I'll sell him one of my volvos so you can keep the 240 .

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

I was starting to think there were some decent people on here my age.

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

it was a childish and inappropriate, but he apologized so im letting it slide, he at least had the stones to apologize which is more then soem grown men. i really like where this thread is going, and if you watch you temper, we can all be friends forever

JDMZ32
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX, NA, slicktop, 5-speed, red

well i'm looking forward to what Dad has to say lol...

tu_bryan
Car: None =(

awesome build! i wish my parents had an interest in automechanics too! keep us posted!

Dazzla

nice build, but comments were very douchebag'sh and the damage is done...

bigs

JDMZ32 wrote:well i'm looking forward to what Dad has to say lol...
I'm pretty sure his dad was the one that made him apologize...

rsdans240sx
Car: 1990 240sx KA

I think he is going to learn alot about what not to say to people on an internet forum...we are merciless.

wynnEZ
Car: 90 240 CA POWA!

Screw all this nonsense talk, wheres an update!

nickles323
Car: Nissan sentra on hub caps

i wish my dad was a cool as you

89twoforty
Car: 89 fastback

Looks like it's coming along very nicely.

I'm not worried about the comments, kids will be kids.

Though if it was me and I just bought my son a car and did all this work with/for him, I wouldn't be happy about being called a douche.

Good luck, I'll keep my eyes open for an update.

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

There is no excuse for the language used, and the punishment was appropriate. He understands the he is responsible for his words and actions.For those of you with children. I hope you understand.For those of you who do not have children. They are a work in progress and...well...you just never know.For those of you who act like children. The next time you get in a big argument with your brother about a stupid I-pod, don't take your frustrations out on your friends!I would like to put this behind us but I understand If you do not.

I will also be censoring a certain picture, which I refuse to remove on principal, but can understand if you are the sensitive type. (per the wife)

ThuG LyFe
Car: 95 S14

^o snaps!

justice has been served.

now let's put that behind and more pics and updates!

AZ89two4Tsx

^

JDMZ32

gmac708 wrote:There is no excuse for the language used, and the punishment was appropriate. He understands the he is responsible for his words and actions.For those of you with children. I hope you understand.For those of you who do not have children. They are a work in progress and...well...you just never know.For those of you who act like children. The next time you get in a big argument with your brother about a stupid I-pod, don't take your frustrations out on your friends!I would like to put this behind us but I understand If you do not.

I will also be censoring a certain picture, which I refuse to remove on principal, but can understand if you are the sensitive type. (per the wife)
dad has spoken!

JDMZ32

P.S.
gmac708 wrote:
nice censorship!!!

johnny butt
Car: 1993 240sx Convertible

great build, glad to see a father/son build going on.

If only my dad had this much interest in my car it would probably be close to finished/drivable lol..

Good luck with the build and growing up (rude comments aren't necessary just because someone says something you don't like).

I'd suggest doing it before getting behind the wheel of that moving vehicle unless you don't mind 800$+ ambulance rides and insurance companies on your ***.

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

im anxious to see more progress. are going going to be doing any chassis or body work throguhout ths build? any rust to fix or rust prevention work in the plans?

tramp_drift240
Car: 1992 240sx SE Coupe

lol sweet censor blob.

im wanting to see more updates.

with all the stuff you guys've done so far, i wanna see you guys pick up the pace TEN FOLD.

HUP HUP!

spooled240
Car: kouki s14

White Comet wrote:it was a childish and inappropriate, but he apologized so im letting it slide, he at least had the stones to apologize which is more then soem grown men. i really like where this thread is going, and if you watch you temper, we can all be friends forever
+1 nuff said, I'm looking for an update..this is exactly what nico needed a nice build done up right

Logan76
Car: Junk

Hey the kid has his learners permit, we cant expect him to act like a 30yr old adult, I think what your doing is a great thing getting him involved with cars and teaching him to do it right. Good luck with the rest of the build and I cant wait for more updates. I hope that new clutch likes him learning on it

brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

ok ive been watchin this and havent said anything. I just realized u guys are in columbus... guess what?/? SO IS MEEEEE. Lol anyway i didnt realize until you said you were going to slowmotion in the last page and i was like wait.... Anyways yeah sweet maybe ill see u guys around and nice build. To the kid please dont crash when you get to drive it lol. i might cry.

spooled240
Car: kouki s14

yeah, HP + rwd + lsd + little/no driving experience = "oh sh*t moment"

JDMZ32

johnny butt wrote:great build, glad to see a father/son build going on.

If only my dad had this much interest in my car it would probably be close to finished/drivable lol..

Good luck with the build and growing up (rude comments aren't necessary just because someone says something you don't like).

I'd suggest doing it before getting behind the wheel of that moving vehicle unless you don't mind 800$+ ambulance rides and insurance companies on your ***.
are you a man with a real strong will to survive? would you like to kill a cop?

sixfourbolt
Car: '93 S13 Coupe

That's a good pops....

rsdans240sx
Car: 1990 240sx KA

Smart dad...I vote for letting this one slide for the kid. Welcome to the forums and I hope Cameron starts posting more.

gmac708
Car: :o)
1970 240Z
1972 510

I should back up a bit to show where the hot and cold piping goes. It is so easy to see once you open it up.

We removed both wheels and forward inner fender well liners on both sides so we could have clear access to install the intercooler.

Here is the old airbox that can be removed. Don't need it any more. Just to the right and on the side of the frame you can see the plugged access panel for the JDM hot pipe.

Remove panel and the hot pipe off turbo goes through it.

I still have the black 2" steel pipe from the JDM engine. You can see it here with the 90 on it, sort of.

OK Back to the intercooler with the welded brackets.

Keep the cardboard on it until you are done or you will end up bending the cooling fins.

Remove bolts down here. install brackets

Looks good but needs a little more clearance.

Grind and cut, take your time.

This looks good. Got space on both side.

You can see where we have to get the hot pipe to connect to the intercooler here. Lots of room on the driver side. Not so much on the other side.

Remove the front to have access so we can play around with the piping. The Hot pipe is 2". The intercooler is 2.75". The cold intake on the turbo is 2.5" . The throttle body adapter is 2.75". I ordered a bunch of couplings and tubes for the next step. We are going to try to build our own!

Well... It looks like Joey wants to play and it is a beautiful day out. Time to close up the tools box for the day. Wyan at Slowmotion has all the stuff ordered. I also ordered a single piece drive shaft and a battery.

I will update later.Gord

AZ89two4Tsx

^ noice! keep it up.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”