The inauguration of "The Barack": My New Car!

NICO's V.I.P. styling forum.
SpartanAir
Car: 1992 Nissan President Sovereign, 1990 Nissan Pathfinder XE

Well, I bought my new car, and what I bought my surprise some...

A 1992 Nissan President Sovereign...black of course

That's right folks, my new car even has a name already; totally by coincidence, in the same week, the USA get a new President, who's black...hence my car, "The Barack", if you follow me...

I'm REALLY happy with it...I've been into VIP cars for a while now, actually since I saw my first Skyline. I think the super-VIP'ed out cars are kinda cool, but the super-negative cambered wheels, and clearing the ground by less than an inch, is obviously not practical...

What I'm going for is more like an M5...but not an M5. A Japanese M5. My plans for this car will keep it pretty stock, just because the engine can't be modded too much, save for an air intake and a slightly tweaked ECU. But I am adding GTR suspension, and my detachable Momo wheel

And of course, my 18x10 Works...The wheels on it now are actually pretty nice, I would keep them, but I'd rather sell them and get other goodies. My Works are more to my style. That's basically what I'm doing; making the car totally unique and my own...even more than the GTR.

Oh, and of course the fugly DOT headlights are going pronto!!!

Possible long term plans, to complete my "Japanese M5", is adding a 300ZXTT manual tranny :wacko:

But right now, I'll be replacing the OEM TV in the back with a new one, a touchscreen double-din stereo (none right now!), alarm of course...and some cosmetic interior bits.

Specs on the President:

4.5L V8 VH45DE 280hp engine, shared with the North American Infiniti Q45Sovereign model 22" longer than the normal version!FULL Junction Produce body kit, with rare over-fendersRear TV, reclinable heated rear seats, climate control etc.Power EVERYTHING

I'm really falling in love with this thing! The wheels are FS by the way, ad soon to come

Here are some pics I stole from NK's website, and my own, next to my buddy's Civic, which some may recognize from my photoshoot a few months back:

Here it is next to the Civic...to gauge the size of my car, both rear bumpers are in line!!!

Thanks for looking! And please don't flame/shun me!!!

LeroyBrown
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx s14 blacktop

its dope.

marksport

Hey, congrats on the new car. I'm in abbotsford, and I got a 2002 F50 Q45. I've got a supercharger going onto it, and I can guarantee you that if I was dealing with a VH45, I could get much more power out of that motor than my OBD2 restricted VK45.

SpartanAir

Hey Mark,

I think we talked on the phone on Rennlist a while back! You had a big project NO2 ported 944 right? I remember when you were looking at Q45's way back when on rennlist. Good to see you again!

So your engine is more restricted for power than mine?

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

Quote »I've been into VIP cars for a while now, actually since I saw my first Skyline.[/quote]

Quote »... save for an air intake and a slightly tweaked ECU. But I am adding GTR suspension, and my detachable Momo wheel

And of course, my 18x10 Works...The wheels on it now are actually pretty nice, I would keep them, but I'd rather sell them and get other goodies. My Works are more to my style...

...adding a 300ZXTT manual tranny...[/quote]so basically you are taking a vip car that is 90% built for you and going the complete opposite way.

i mean, it's your car so do your thing but it's not sounding like you are building a vip car at all. it's sounding more like you are unbuilding one.

paranoidjack
Car: 2012 M56s
2003 M45
2001 QX4
2000 Q45
1998 Pathy
1996 J30

One of the nicest g50's I've ever seen. Have fun with it! You're sure to get looks with that thing....

unknown007
Car: White 1993 Q45 (G50)

Would love to see a VIP president go to a stock president.

I like it.Good luck.How much would you sell those rims for if you do?

marksport

SpartanAir wrote:Hey Mark,

I think we talked on the phone on Rennlist a while back! You had a big project NO2 ported 944 right? I remember when you were looking at Q45's way back when on rennlist. Good to see you again!

So your engine is more restricted for power than mine?
Hey Brendan, I sold that kit and built a new setup on my 944, but it caught fire last august. My Q45 is an OBD2 and one of the first Nissan cars to use CAN system. The VK45 is limited by lack of available engine management systems that is compatible with these cars and still be emissions tested.

mista808
Car: G50 president

Hey if your gonna unbuild it, you wanna trade me grills? I got a chuki style grill. Im looking for a kouki (the one you have)... car looks sick though. What's with the orange reflectors on the headlights?

SpartanAir

Cool mark! Can I see pics of your car? I'm interested!

The headlights were fabricated to pass inspection. Now that it's inspected, I'll be buying some proper headlights, because the reflectors and the headlights are HIDEOUS...
BLACKonBLACK98 wrote:

so basically you are taking a vip car that is 90% built for you and going the complete opposite way.

i mean, it's your car so do your thing but it's not sounding like you are building a vip car at all. it's sounding more like you are unbuilding one.
I'm not unbuilding anything, I'm changing what was once a full-on VIP car into something that suits my personal taste. I've had a vision of what I want to do, I want a sportier VIP styled car. I'm expressly not going for the full VIP look, which I think is cool on many cars, but is a little too flashy and impractical for my personal use. Whether or not I decide to swap in a tranny I don't know yet, I might not go that far, but I did own a GTR up until last Thursday, so sporty is more my style than flashy.

No sorry, not selling the grill! What does yours look like though?

Unknown007: I'd probably ask $2k and accept offers from there. Tires have plenty of tread left. I'll post up an ad when they are off the car.

unknown007

WOW!!! Nvm that's off my budget but i know they go for that range anyways.How about I buy the car off you?Lol Jk keep us posted on the build.

S133P3R
Car: 1989 S13 240sx

that thing is gigantic! If you black out all the headlights, tail lights and wheels, I would say your car is "BARACK'D OUT!" I think Barack needs to ditch the bullet proof Lincolns (or whatever) and hitch a ride in your car. I cant wait to see it with those works on it, will be a good look compared to the standard VIP deep dish rims that you have... Good luck with the new car!

Damicci
Car: 1994 Q45/President

I would say don't touch anything on that car unless your going to make it look better.

But.........

It is and sounds soon to be a was nice car. I hope the works you put on it will add to it's look.

SpartanAir

S133P3R wrote: that thing is gigantic! If you black out all the headlights, tail lights and wheels, I would say your car is "BARACK'D OUT!" I think Barack needs to ditch the bullet proof Lincolns (or whatever) and hitch a ride in your car. I cant wait to see it with those works on it, will be a good look compared to the standard VIP deep dish rims that you have... Good luck with the new car!
Hey thanks man! Not many hopefuls out there for my planned look, I take it most people want me to buy a car and not touch it and make it my own...I could have just gone out and bought a stock Kia and been done with it if that's what I was after.

Unknown, when I get time I'll look around and see what others are selling similar ones for...I'll definitely keep people posted on my build!

jltibbs
Car: 2015 Nissan Versa SL
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

SpartanAir wrote:. . . I take it most people want me to buy a car and not touch it and make it my own...I could have just gone out and bought a stock Kia and been done with it if that's what I was after. . . .
Not at all bro. We are just looking at the aspect that you already have a well styled car. If you have some new wheels, slap them on. Beyond that, there's nothing really left for you to do. I have a great idea, since you want to de-VIP that bad boy, why don't we meet up and trade. Everything you have done to that is what I want to do to mine. I have Tokico struts, Eibach springs, modded exhaust, HID's, polished Murano wheels, and a Jim Wolf ECU. My Q sounds more like what you need, and your President matches me. Meet me half way???

***EDIT***If we do this, take the current muffler off and I will keep mine. Thanks.

BLACKonBLACK98
Car: Q45, LS400, STS-V

SpartanAir wrote:Hey thanks man! Not many hopefuls out there for my planned look, I take it most people want me to buy a car and not touch it and make it my own...I could have just gone out and bought a stock Kia and been done with it if that's what I was after.
it's the vip section (not to be confused with the "dump anything that gets flamed in the other sections here" section) so that's the name of the game.

so you get an awesome platform that most of us dream about and/or have to piece together. then you say something about skylines, 6 speed swaps, detachable momo's, and changing wheels (which honestly i have no idea which works you own but i am picturing the emotion line just because of the other stuff you mentioned).

now personally, i believe everyone's car should be a representation of that person (which is one reason i would never buy a modded car in the first place) so like i said; do your thing. just don't act like we're wrong for being disappointed with your choices. what you are doing is not vip and i believe your whole understanding of vip is skewed.

this is our (vip enthusiasts) section and some of us actually care about the style and the direction it takes, even if we don't always agree on that direction.

with all that being said, congrats on the pick up and i hope you enjoy your new car regardless.
Modified by BLACKonBLACK98 at 10:18 AM 1/27/2009

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Gorgeous!

I'd rock that thing daily. Definitely needs some Rising Sun flags on the fenders.

raremotive
Car: 04 G35

Didderson
Car: 1990 240sx fastback; '88 Hardbody pickup; '74 Datsun Z

Definitely presidential material.

I need to check out this forum more often!

unknown007

Wait you got this car in the US?

lolwut

I think I just saw you on Craigslist.

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

unknown007 wrote:Wait you got this car in the US?
He's in Canada bro.

unknown007

Oh man I'm jealous how we can't have them and they can.

HG50
Car: 91 Q45
15 4Runner

nice nice nice nice nice

SpartanAir

Thanks guys...just posted these in my other thread in the Q45 forum.

More pics here

zer...ating

S133P3R

the kids face in the last pic is exactly how i would look if i saw this thing in person...

jltibbs
1994 Infiniti Q45
2000 Infiniti I30

You've got mail!

Romeo5k
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45~296k miles -- DEAD
2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 == 100,305 miles

what have u done to it so far?? Wanna sell it.. Hell, i got a Q, wanna trade, and ill throw 2 grand US dollars in the glove box for ya!!

SpartanAir

Just recently had a complete Active to Standard conversion done, with Cali Custom lowering springs. Also rebuilt power steering rack ($$$) and replaced ABS wheel sensor. I've also disconnected TCS, I can't be bothered to diagnose the wiring. Had a full 4 wheel alignment and the car runs true and straight.

The car now sits about 2 inches of the ground in the front! It looks badass, but there is no way I could have known how the car would sit on Cali Custom springs with the Junction Produce body kit. Also the other issue; The President Sovereign is longer and heavier than a Q45. The front springs should really be stiffer, mind you I have low profile tires so the ride isn't super smooth, but if I hit a big bump it will compress the spring all the way and BANG.

I'm looking into getting custom front springs at some point, but for now I will live with it. I love this car and regret nothing; it's truly unique.

I've also replaced and fixed little interior things. Unfortunately I haven't even got to a stereo yet, my repairs on the suspension and steering were much more than I anticipated, and being that there is NOTHING in the way of a sound system (the PO ripped everything out), I truly have to buy an entire system. At least the head unit I want, plus front speakers, then I'll buy rear speakers and wire in my sub and amp, and add a new 7" monitor where the existing CRT TV is.

It's coming along, but right now I'm saving for a big Europe trip, so I'm not sure how much more I'll be doing to my car this summer, unfortunately. We will see how work goes.

PICS TO COME!

S133P3R

haha, you said CRT TV.

(eagerly awaiting pics)

Return to “VIP Forum”