The HKS Hi Power. Photo journal

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
MECPInstaller
Car: installing stereo systems and minor performance upgrades

Well I got home from work alil early when my mom called me saying the 2 large boxes labled Hks were sitting at the garage when she got home. I opened the door and broke out the utility knife and popped them open. Burried in foam filled bags layed thick heavy duty stainless steel piping.

The flanges are close to a half inch thick, making my apexi exhuast stamped ones look like arse. The welds were thick and looks decent not coin over coin but good enough. i layed down the carpet strip and set them out.

I arranged them just for the hell of it, not noticing until now that theres a small H pipe right before the first resonators.

Until now the titanium tips where still wrapped in the protective plastic. Carefully holding them not trying to get fingerprints on them, I revealed the flame kissed tips.

And back to reality lol, this exhaust is hardcore heavy duty. The build quality is great and no shortcuts were taken by hks. Fiddling with the tips i slid them over the stock exhaust and they're going to look soo good against the chrome silver paint.

I took my car and the exhaust up to the dealer tonight and tomarrow after work i'm going to pick it back up. I'll follow up with more pictures and even more detailed review on sound, looks, and if i can find my little pocket tape recorder a few sound clips. Well till then hope you liked the eye candy as much as i did:)

Modified by MECPInstaller at 2:51 PM 6/11/2005
Modified by MECPInstaller at 11:08 PM 6/13/2005

MECPInstaller

afew more just for fun

Modified by MECPInstaller at 10:33 PM 6/9/2005

Broaner
Car: 95 Maxima & 240SX

Ha, you got your **** installed at a dealer. None the less, looks nice. Whats with those canisters next to the mufflers?

MECPInstaller

i wanted to have a professional that knew the car well to do the install. I didnt' want to attempt it myself it probaly wouldn't have been hard but i'm not doing anything that could come back to bite me warranty wise. I'd rather pay nissan since i'm already paying them for the extended warranty as it is:) Don't worry i still do most of my own work on my 240 lol.

MECPInstaller

Well I picked the car up tonight. All i can say is it sounds and looks amazing. At Idle outside the car its hardly louder than stock, and inside its not even noticable except for startup. When cruising and accelerating again its almost silent, but soo and you start pushing it , it begins to roar. Its not overbearing at all, not that loud bellowing low sound like my 240. Best i can describe it, as a mid raspy sound that gets meaner and meaner as the rpms rise.

Out of what i heard it sounds similar to a porsche gt car like you'd see in well the gt races. In the first few gears you coudln't tell if it had more power since it already acclerates hard stock. but in 4th and up you could definatly feel a dramatic increase in acceleration around 4-4.5k. I haven't really been able to put my foot all the way down but i can tell a difference.

Its Definatly alil more torquey. THe second gear scratch is alil longer and louder. Now for the money shots.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Your new gear looks amazing!!!

Fred..

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

Very nice.

Fred...maybe make a small "exhaust shots" Sticky? Put mine and MECP's in there for peoples references on exhaust looks?

Have you cahnged your yet FreD?-chet

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I am still on Stock exhaust ( will do exhaust+hiflows at same time then retune)

Fred..

PS: Put some more exhaust pics in here and I will sticky it..

Exar-Kun

Lemme wash it again, and I'll get a lot of shots and pick the best 3 or something and post them

-Chet

MECPInstaller

oh you need more pics eh? lol I'll clean up the exhaust and take some more today. I didn't wanna seem like i was taking to many pictures.. but if you insist lol.

Exar-Kun

I'm going to do a rear shotone 3/4 back panel and a few detail shots sometime this week. we'll see.MECP: that exhaust is nice...way to go man.

-Chet

MECPInstaller

Thanks Chet, only thing is to hear is i have to be accelerating, which could be taken as a good or bad thing lol. The tips hug the factory bumper really close, and well they get really hot, i'm slightly concerned that if i drive for a long time more than afew hours that they might cause some damage to the plastic.

Exar-Kun

The NISMO exhaust is less then 1/2" away man...i can barely fit my pinky in between the bumper and the exhaust..I wouldn't worry about it :p

-Chet

MECPInstaller

VIDEO CLIP TIME!!!

A friend of mine came over and we removed the motor mounts from my 240sx parts car so he'd have something newer to mount his engine with. Long story short it rained we both got covered in oil and grease but he brought the camera and took a video clip of the exhaust.

Should help immensly to anyone looking at the hks setup. its roughly 5 megs. 28 second long clip enjoy.

http://www.bonernation.com/vids/mecpz33hks.AVI

Modified by MECPInstaller at 11:56 PM 6/13/2005

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”