The Groms audio install for ALL 2006-09 M35/45

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Jpjpops24
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45 sport

When I speak this is only based off my experience. Let me start by shouting out the big homie Edbwoy I’m surprised this man didn’t block me from all the question I ask lol.

I’m going to update this and add a video to my YouTube as well. I’m was so excited I did the install and didn’t take pictures or video. Sorry

Now I own a 2006 Infiniti M45 sport no Navi no entertainment pack no aux no satellite radio. Since November 1 I have add Navi OEM add satellite radio oem and added Bluetooth steaming audio music over oem device. Now how did I get all these parts? For one most of the devices in these cars are plug and play. If you find a car with Navi pull the dvd /screen/control panel and Antenna and your set. Now I’m luck bc I live near a pullapart.com and they have everything u need for cheap. I’m only going to focus on how to get groms audio Bluetooth device when you have nothing just like me.

http://imgur.com/FWYm40C

This is the site put your car year make and model

http://imgur.com/A0lPu4Y

I choose this device and as you can see it uses the satellite mode in you Infiniti to function. So if you don’t have satellite radio this will NOT work..... or will it? Again I found everything I needed from a junked car.

First step: if you have been blessed with a satellite radio already in the car skip this. If not you will need to buy the satellite module off eBay. Basically for us basic M45 people the radio button will only show Fm or am. For the people with more features it will flash xm fm am. Now here the good news NO WIRING needed for the xm module once you get it bc those lovey folks at Infiniti pre wired the car. So if your a basic b**** like me you too you have a pre wired connection in your truck for the module to sit and plug up.

http://imgur.com/QHVtRe2
This is the one that works. Now as soon as you plug this unit in the car it gives you access to XM stations. You can now tap your radio button and see xm/fm/am. congratulations you have made it to step two. Now take the module out of the car and return it. YOU HAVE TO DISCONNECT THE SATELLITE MODULE UNIT. The streaming will not work bc it connected to a satellite radio that wants to play as well. It was only needed to tell the computer there is an satellite radio connected. So if your like me and paid $15 keep it as a trophy or sell it or return it.

Step 2: ok purchase this device. If you see this soon groms audio has $15 off purchase.

http://imgur.com/2vbpedN
Now as you can see all of these steps ask that you have a satellite radio. Please remove the plastic from around the radio to continue. Be VERYYYYYYY carful. Thanks to Edbwoy he shows you how to take down you dash to get to the radio.

http://imgur.com/EV9jutU

Part 3
(I marked these to make it easy to understand. They are not marked when you buy them)
Now you going to unplug the Satellite radio and plug in the red in that port. Now take the satellite plug and put it into blue. Green will connect to the groms module. Left behind is a yellow And black wire. Yellow is the 12v wire for cont power. You need to tie that into a yellow power wire. I used the CD player yellow right below the satellite radio port. The black wire must be touching metal. I used a screw from the metal housing of the radio.

Part 4
slam it all back together.
http://imgur.com/oHTU08A
You should cycle through the radio fm am and stop at xm. Connect your phone to the Bluetooth “GROM CAR” now play a song

Conclusion: the sound quality is nice. Not complaints it connects fast. A must buy
Last edited by Jpjpops24 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

LIBRILZ
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx
2007 M45 Sport

Link to the one you bought?

Jpjpops24

https://gromaudio.com/store/bt3_adapter ... ation.html

This is the one I purchased. Keep in mind you need to enter your car in for compatibility

LIBRILZ
2007 M45 Sport

omg my car doesnt seem to have XM

Jpjpops24

Yeah I had the same issue. You will need that module. The good news is your car is already wired

LIBRILZ
2007 M45 Sport

How is the sound quality? Do you think it's good or what?

EdBwoy

Lol, I don't mind answering questions if I can. We're on the same team here.

Thanks for taking the chances and sharing your success with the forum JP.
This especially is a good tip to know. Just trick the car to know there "could be" Satellite radio
Jpjpops24 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:15 am
First step: if you have been blessed with a satellite radio already in the car skip this... Now here the good news NO WIRING needed for the xm module once you get it bc those lovey folks at Infiniti pre wired the car. So if your a basic b**** like me you too you have a pre wired connection in your truck for the module to sit and plug up.

... as soon as you plug this unit in the car it gives you access to XM stations. You can now tap your radio button and see xm/fm/am. congratulations you have made it to step two. Now take the module out of the car and return it...

Jpjpops24

The sound quality is better then I thought it would be. Very Clear no cracking. Sounds really good.

And yeah the key is making the car believe it has xm radio. If you already have it xm it’s much easier. This is part 1 of the main goal. The end game Is making my oem display play dvds 📀. With this GROM kit you can add attachments to your device like aux ports /usb/or HD radio tuner.

LIBRILZ
2007 M45 Sport

That would be cool to figure out, I wonder if that is possible? My car only uses the DVD thingy in the glovebox for NAV, which in 2018 I rather use my cell phone

Edit: you still have the XM radio thingy? lol

Jpjpops24

It can be done. I’m just doing it in steps. Groms is just for the audio. https://naviks.com they deal with cell phone mirroring /brake bypass and dvds playing on your original oem screen. With there kit that I will order your given a switch toggle For oem screen/play movies. Now the oem Nav will not play movies but my master plan is to add a portable DVD player in my armrest. So video coming soon and write up coming soon 👍🏾

crimson45
Car: M45 Sport

my 06 m45 had the satellite unit installed already. bought the grom bluetooth adapter kit and had it installed professionally. s*** doesn't work half of the time. and when it does I have to almost max out the volume on my car and my phone. better than nothing though. sound quality is good.

Jpjpops24

crimson45 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:16 pm
my 06 m45 had the satellite unit installed already. bought the grom bluetooth adapter kit and had it installed professionally. s*** doesn't work half of the time. and when it does I have to almost max out the volume on my car and my phone. better than nothing though. sound quality is good.
Did you ever try and take it out yourself and make sure it was installed properly? Also see if grom will exchange it. I haven’t had any issues with voumle or connection.

rothnh
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35X

I bought the SPEC USA Infiniti model BT45-INFI for my 07 M35X. Installed on rear deck with industrial velcro holding it down. It has worked well for me. Only oddity is the system screen. It does show bluetooth, but shows a different XM channel randomly (function of using XM structure). In addition, occasionally I need to hit the seek button (bottom right of radio controls) to find a new channel when bluetooth is silent. Once done, works fine. This is the one oddity, but otherwise it works great. No issues at all in terms of sound and 99% of time when using it.

Jpjpops24

rothnh wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:46 am
I bought the SPEC USA Infiniti model BT45-INFI for my 07 M35X. Installed on rear deck with industrial velcro holding it down. It has worked well for me. Only oddity is the system screen. It does show bluetooth, but shows a different XM channel randomly (function of using XM structure). In addition, occasionally I need to hit the seek button (bottom right of radio controls) to find a new channel when bluetooth is silent. Once done, works fine. This is the one oddity, but otherwise it works great. No issues at all in terms of sound and 99% of time when using it.
With the grom as long as I’m on xm aux I always have Bluetooth no need to randomly use different xm channels.i love it. Videos on the way

Jpjpops24

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”