The gray tweed material on some nissans

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
kasey352

I made this tread so we can talk about how we hate the gray tweed material and what you did to get rid of it pics are a must.

SketchyRollin564
Car: SR hatchback in the werks

on the s13 you can just peel the tweed off the door panels if you dont like it... search it and it should be pretty easy to find results

for the seats, most people either get aftermarket seats or S14 seats (really common... look good, fit nice, are comfortable, hold good, nice material, not expensive), and very very rarley people we re upholster there s13 stock seats

as for the glovebox, it looks like a pain in the *** to get off, so people either spray it black with interior paint, or they cover it in vynal

theres a couple write ups on that as well

StandardProspect
Car: '93 240sx '98 Q45

yeah the tweed is some ugly a** s***i ripped it off of my door panels and sprayed my glovebox with duplicolor vynal paint. turned out really good.

kasey352

You got any pics?

Flicktitty
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx 2JZ-GTE Swapped
1994 Toyota Supra
2019 Lexus GX460
1992 Lexus SC400

i would just rip the gray tweed out. it's F'n ugly! if nothin else go to Wal-mart or a fabric store and recover it with your own fabric. there is a how to on this site about it.

skott.b
Car: 91 S13 ka-t

finally got off my but yesterday and pulled mine off. easiest way ever. leave doors and windows shut so car gets all hot inside. then open door pull corner. this way i didnt even have to remove the pocket or handle trim. everything comes out in one piece. Still debating about the arctic blue camo in its place. thinking that might be too bzee

kasey352

^Thanks for the advice,another thing that suck is it stains easy.

Kalypso

I've found some soft pig skin from a local fabric store that feels like an expensive leather jacket

a few square yards will be enough to cover the glove box - shiftboot - and armrest.

I am looking forward to doing it all.

Ka24de240sxS13
Car: 240sx s13

I found a more reasonable solution to the glovebox problem. Although it is time consuming, and will test your patience. What I did was peeled off the tweed and found the nasty yellow crap under it. So I used my sander and sanded the crap out of it with 40 grit. Then 80-120-220-320-600-(hand sanded with wet sandpaper at this point)-1000-1500-2000.It turned out pretty nice, I just used some armor all to give it some sparkle, looks like a plastic glovebox.

Kalypso

thats work well done also

nothing wrong with that.I like to have a nice fabric on it tho

something sexy so that, when a lady sits next to me in the ride she might notice it and feel a little more

waitn4sno
Car: '93 Nissan 240sx Vert 5spd, 09 Titan

I am one of the very few that is having my seat re-upholstered...

Door panels, glove box, centre console, rear panels, & seats - front & rear.Waiting on material to come in as we speak (Copper & Grey).

From there we set up a design - yet to be determined.

One thing for sure, the centre console lid is getting at least an inch of foam covered with the new interior!!!!!. Wow that plastic thing is hard on my elbow!!!!!!!!

Thinking the door panel inserts to be covered in grey (rest of panel is black), with copper piping around the outside, & a copper "swoop" from top front, to bottom front, then carried onto the rear panel - bottom front to top rear......

Seats will be grey, with copper accents on the sides (half moon shapes maybe too on the cusshion, two on the back. "240SX" stitched in Copper into the front seat backs, as well as the middle of the rear set back....

Hope it turns out !! Hope it stays under $2,000!!!!!!!!!

Ryans13se
Car: 1989 nissan 240sx

waitn4sno wrote:I am one of the very few that is having my seat re-upholstered...

Door panels, glove box, centre console, rear panels, & seats - front & rear.Waiting on material to come in as we speak (Copper & Grey).

From there we set up a design - yet to be determined.

One thing for sure, the centre console lid is getting at least an inch of foam covered with the new interior!!!!!. Wow that plastic thing is hard on my elbow!!!!!!!!

Thinking the door panel inserts to be covered in grey (rest of panel is black), with copper piping around the outside, & a copper "swoop" from top front, to bottom front, then carried onto the rear panel - bottom front to top rear......

Seats will be grey, with copper accents on the sides (half moon shapes maybe too on the cusshion, two on the back. "240SX" stitched in Copper into the front seat backs, as well as the middle of the rear set back....

Hope it turns out !! Hope it stays under $2,000!!!!!!!!!
Just letting you know, you killed the whole thread.. I hope your ashamed of yourself.... "hope it stays under $2000" dude i complained about paying 14 for the leather and glue for my glove ox and shift boot... and the extra 100 for the set of s14 seats coming in..... SO KISS MY *** LOL

sorry.. that just struck a nerve being that im broke as ****...

Kalypso

i want some s14 seats for 100$

waitn4sno
Car: '93 Nissan 240sx Vert 5spd, 09 Titan

Ryans13se wrote:
Just letting you know, you killed the whole thread.. I hope your ashamed of yourself.... "hope it stays under $2000" dude i complained about paying 14 for the leather and glue for my glove ox and shift boot... and the extra 100 for the set of s14 seats coming in..... SO KISS MY *** LOL

Hey Buddy: Sorry for "killing your thread", but stay in school & get a job..... That way you can enjoy the finer things in life.

Kalypso

Ryans13se wrote:

Return to “Interiors”