The Future of Gaming

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

Ive had this conversation a few times with a few folks and RCA's thread made me want to ask this out loud. I could have threadjacked but I didn't because Im nice :)

Anyways, in your eyes, what is the future of gaming ganna look like to you 20 years from now? I've always wondered if it would get so intense that you could play in a game and feel whatever is happening. A friend pointed out that he invisions a Matrix type deal where you get plugged into a computer by a port in your arm or something that connects to your brain and nervous system. Or would it be something like Assassin's Creed and the Animus? Could pain be integrated? What if you were playing Call of Duty: WW5 and you would feel the bullets blow through you and feel fear, emptying guts, and the touch of death every time right before you died, only to be respawned to do it all over again? Honestly I would be completely scared to play. I would also camp my life away. A racing game or sports game would be incredible. Or how about something like InFamous with superpowers or GTA and you could destroy anything/anybody you wanted?

The ultimate simulator is a big step in future gaming. The PSeye and the Xbox thing is a good start too for consules. Even though it may not be very accurate and has plenty of bugs, its a basic building block that works and the concept is there to expand on. Look what Pong started.

But, some of the major side effects may be that if you played too long, you might feel like you can only live in that world, or you couldnt tell the real from the virtual. Wasn't that a movie or something?

Edit: Oh yeah, Inception..
Last edited by alms24sebring on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

alms24sebring wrote:Edit: Oh yeah, Inception..
If Ellen Page is involved, I'm in.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

I'm just gonna' put this right chere...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2g94xQm ... re=related[/youtube]

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

It will most likely involving a central nervous system deal...as that is as real as you can get.
"Otherland" series by Tad Williams delves into it quite a bit.

alms24sebring

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:I'm just gonna' put this right chere...
Yes!. looks good. And why is ludacris in it? what is he a movie star now, I think not..

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

Don't tell me you haven't seen Gamer... It's not bad, but then it's not great either. It's your typical Hollywood garbage that gets released anymore.

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

wow this is an old movie....pretty good tho

and yes ludacris is an actor...has been since his breakout role in that #1 movie "the fast and the furious 2" :chuckle:

alms24sebring

yeah.. I never heard of it.

^ yeah, like, wtf. he needs to make more albums not movie parts. I know that negro aint broke, its not like he needs work. This is also the same reason why The Rock bothers me.

GQP_LLC

virtual realitttyy, total immersion

Return to “Gaming”