The free truck has come to life.

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Montezuma

Last night was great night.  My friend who was lucky enough to recieve a free L320 got it fired up last night.  It was truly a great night, it runs like a champ, still needs a few adjustments on the valves and the carb needs to be rebuilt since it leaks some.  All and all it was so fun to hear it run.  After a few minutes we got it to idle.  The charging system is not doing its job but we will save that for next Wednesday night.  Our plan is to have it ready for Long Beach in the fall.  I would like to give Victor a "shout out" and a big thank you for the project truck....it really is a great little truck.

Pac. coast Datsun

Good to hear it runs now! You are so close to me id like to come down & check it out & hear it run. Good luck & ill see you at LB too hopefully im my 320...:cool:

IMH

Well, if you guys are going to bring your 320's, I might just tough it out and bring mine.  I had the only one there in '05 so last year I drove the 810 and was thinking about bringing the Z this year.  Three 320's in one place, the most I've ever seen is two.  It's always been mine and Datsun Scott's  blue NL320 or mine and Gary's beautiful red A motor NL320.

Montezuma

Mark, I have your number and will be going over to work on the truck on Wednesday night, I have your phone number on one of the PMs you wrote, I will give you a call.

Steve, I would be great if you brought the L320 this year.

We were up at Les's shop today shopping for parts.  He is going to sell his 65 L320 maybe the buyer will bring it. 

Montezuma

Not only has Vic's old L320 come to life, it had its first test drive in its Eastlake neighborhood.   She rode pretty well, a lot of throw in the shifter, the brakes are little shakey at this time and the generator does not charge...but all and all an exciting night.   This truck has been a lot of fun.

Pac. coast Datsun

We need some pics :D

Montezuma

Excellent point.....I will get some posted.  This truck has sure been fun, the makers of beer have benefited as well.

Montezuma

Here are some pictures.

Montezuma

and this one

Montezuma

and this too....  Working on fixing the radio othewise the interior is complete except for the fact that we need a light switch and wiper switch.  We got a gasket on ebay for windsheild but are not sure how to intall it.  It has 4 channels which is confusing.

Pac. coast Datsun

Finally we get to see it...:cool: Jk hey looks to be in good shape. Wish i could help on the windshield part, the shop that did my 620 windshield is on Broadway between E & F st.in chula vista & his prices are ok. On a side note the LB show date is now Oct. 6th :D.

Montezuma

We will have it at the Queen Mary, it will have to be towed up there because there is no way it will keep up with my Z on the ride up.  As for the windsheild I think we will have it done by a professional since we have NO IDEA on how to do it.  How much did the shop you used charge? 

Pac. coast Datsun

Ok on the 620 i bought a JY windshield for $35 & he charged me $75 for the gasket & around $50 to install it.

apos

I will be bringing out my NL320 to LB this fall. I Have it in storage in Lake Arrowhead so that will be one long ride! Looks like there will be a few of us this year, as there were none last year. Should be fun!

IMH

I took my 810 in '06 but I had my 320 there in '05.  This year, I'm bringing the 320 since it looks like it won't be alone.   Lake Arrowhead is only about 25 miles farther from where we live so it will be a fairly long drive for us also.  With no A/C.:(

Pac. coast Datsun

Montezuma i drove by the windshield place today & got thier # for you. The business is called 7 star/low price auto glass..located on broadway in chula vista..ph. # 425-5700 & i believe they have a mobile service as well.

Montezuma

Mobile service would be ideal.  We will call them.  Thanks so much.

Return to “Datsun 320”