The forthcomming Metallica album *Death Magnetic* (2 New Singles Released!)

Musicians and music-related topics are all right here in the Music Room.
Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

I know we have some Metallica fans in here, be it from their older stuff, post Justice, or even all their stuff. And you can't say anything about their live shows, they just straight out rock in concert.

Anyway, a friend of mine sent me an e-mail couple weeks back with a link to a video clip on youtube. Some of what was heard on that clip sounds pretty cool, and not as cheesey as St. Anger had.

There is also a website, http://www.missionmetallica.com , that you can register (for free, of course) and get some pretty cool content. They have a Fly On The Wall section where you can see some clips from the studio.

I am thinking this might be the Metallica album that we have all been waiting for, where they actually make a good metal album again and re-gain some respect amongst the hard core Met fans, and possibly even pick up some new ones.

Input, criticism, raves???

xekushnr
Car: '90 240sx Hatch

I'll have to see it to believe it. I've just about lost all faith in them. The Metallica I loved died in the 90s.

ScrapMetal
Car: 1999 Chevrolet S10, 1991 Ford Bronco 5.0

xekushnr wrote: The Metallica I loved died in the 80s.
Fixed.

Anything after And Justce For All sounds sounds very commercialized.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

They lost me with Load.

And whoever thought St. Anger was a good idea needs to be drowned... That sucked so bad, it's hard to listen to.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

It's official.

As of June 14th, Metallica has named the new album "Death Magnetic"

A short exerpt from the album can be hear at http://www.missionmetallica.com after load up.

Here's the news release.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/200...ca_dc

And also a review on a few of the tracks from Kerrang!

http://www2.kerrang.com/2008/0....html

And, from Metal Hammer

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/n...48459

Sounds like this album is going to bring us what we have wanted for many years.

Metman2J
Car: 2002 Nissan Sentra

I am so stoked to get the new album when it's out, solely based on the riffs I've heard on the Mission Metallica page!!

September is going to kick ***!!!!

Oh and to the people that think they are sell-outs...

I've been listening to Metallica since I was a kid and I have loved every album.

xekushnr

Metman2J wrote:I am so stoked to get the new album when it's out, solely based on the riffs I've heard on the Mission Metallica page!!

September is going to kick ***!!!!

Oh and to the people that think they are sell-outs...

I've been listening to Metallica since I was a kid and I have loved every album.
So you're saying they didnt sell out? You can like every album, that's cool. I sure didnt. But you cant say they didnt sell out. They cut their hair and changed their whole style of music. Then they tried to go harder and hardcore-esque in drop C for Saint Anger, because that was the popular thing at the time. Now I guess they are trying to change back.
Metaru_Gia wrote:
Fixed.

Anything after And Justce For All sounds sounds very commercialized.
Well Black wasnt until '91, so thats when I considered them dying. That's why I said 90's. All of the 80's albums were great.

Metman2J
Car: 2002 Nissan Sentra

Oh, God forbid they cut their hair!!! Which almost every band since that point does. And also, how dare they try something new after decades of the same thing.

COME ON!!! If you no longer listen to them or like them. Then don't listen to them and don't chime in on threads about them, because their fans, which are the ones that this thread is for...don't want to hear that crap.

xekushnr

The hair wasnt the problem, it was just another clue that they were abandoning the music that made them as famous as they were. I never said I wasn't a fan of them, I just havent been a fan of anything from Load on. I have no problem with trying something new, but they changed everything about the music. Then did it again. And again. They have been doing this for years, just trying to fit into the current popular sound to gain more fans, all the while alienating their old ones. So yeah, they have just about lost all my respect. I still listen to everything up to Black though because those were good CDs.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

xekushnr wrote:The hair wasnt the problem, it was just another clue that they were abandoning the music that made them as famous as they were. I never said I wasn't a fan of them, I just havent been a fan of anything from Load on. I have no problem with trying something new, but they changed everything about the music. Then did it again. And again. They have been doing this for years, just trying to fit into the current popular sound to gain more fans, all the while alienating their old ones. So yeah, they have just about lost all my respect. I still listen to everything up to Black though because those were good CDs.
I wouldn't say they are totally alienating their fans. I have seen them live 5 times since 1992, the last time being in St. Louis in 2003 in support of St. Anger. They played Frantic fro St. Anger, Fuel from re-load, 2X4 and King Nothing from Load, Wherever I May Roam from the black album, then 3 hours of nothing but pre-black, including the full Master Of Puppets. The did a nearly 4 hour long set with one 15 minute break with Kirk and Rob going back and forth on their respective axes.

With the exception of touring in support of the black album from 91-95, I have never seen them play anything more than 2 or 3 songs from the ablum they are touring for.

I do agree that it's time to go back to what made Metallica, Metallica. James my not be able to hit the high notes that he did, but they can bring back some killer distortion, blazing speed, technical riffs and concussion causing drums. I'll me more than ready to buy Death Magnetic if that's the case.

xekushnr

I wasnt really referring to them live, just the new music. The last time I saw them was in '06 (I think) and I dont even think they played a single St. Anger song, so I was very happy. Most of it was stuff from either RtL, MoP, or ...AJfA, which are IMO their best CDs. They still put on a good show.

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

OK, gang, the new Metallica CD is just a few weeks away, and they have released their new single, "The Day That Never Comes". You can download it through iTunes, or you can listen to it here, http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601119 , which is streaming on their website.

After just one listening to it, I kinda like it. I think it does quite a nice job of filling the quoted "missing link" between Master and Justice.

It's not as messy as St. Anger and it definately has some good, solid arrangement to it.

The beginning is a bit strange, but over all, I like it.

Your thoughts on it?

redtop91
Car: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Start

I really like Day that Never Comes but My Apocalypse is even more impressive. Dare I say impressive enough to satisfy Sean?

Gold Digger
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:

I am listening to My Apocolypse right now, and so far, so good. I am starting to get really anxious for this new album. I am going to Virgin Records tomorrow to pre-order a copy. Most likely, there will be some extra tracks or two. Most import CD's have some...

Woot.

xekushnr

redtop91 wrote:I really like Day that Never Comes but My Apocalypse is even more impressive. Dare I say impressive enough to satisfy Sean?
RAWRAWRGRRWAFGWAGFWAFGWAF

redtop91

I take that as a yes

redtop91

Another new single was released yesterday ladies. Cyanide is the title and so far Death Magnetic is 3 for 3 in my humble opinion.

Return to “The Music Room”