The colour magnetic grey.

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
purpleversa

I now have the ‘magnetic grey’ Versa SL. I need some feedback on the colour. I thought that it would be a slightly darker, more delicious grey – like it was displayed on the company website/brochure. Now that I HAVE it, it is looking slightly anemic. I want to resolve this versareget. The ‘artic white’ is now what I crave – but it is too late now. Any other ‘magnetic grey’ owners have anything to say about this? I really want to like my choice – is it all in my head?

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

I don't own that color, but I do know that my color plays tricks in the light. In more direct light, it's a medium blue. In darker lights, it's dark blue or even purple.

jroot

I wanted and got the magnetic grey. I really dig it it's a great color.

ilusha55

I think it was said many times here on this forum, and i agree... Color is not the criteria that makes you like your car or not. It definately influences your first impression though...

toby

Just wondering... what's the "tech" package? Is it something different than the convenience package?

bobcat75662
Car: 2007 versa

Mine is grey and I love it. I have a pic posted in another area.....the one concerning body molding. Once the windows were tinted, everything just came together beautifully.

Spanke
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD, 2007 Versa SL w/CVT, 2004 Titan SE Off Road

I have the magnectic gray and find it to be an interesting color as it appears to be about 3 different shades depending upon how light hits the finish. I too thought it was going to be darker like the website shows, but of course they are taking those pictures under artifical light which will show up different than in sunlight. I think the magnectic gray is much better looking than what shows on the website.

indus49
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S, Magnetic Gray with Beige/Black Interior, Power Package.

I have the magnetic gray also, and it seems to reflect the prevailing color in the sky. If you have a nice blue overhead, the tint will appear more blue in the car. Same with a prevailing orange, purple or hazy sky. In artificial light, or darker conditions, the car appears in its muted state, a dark gray. I think it adds a lot to the character of the car.

Ever Victorious

toby wrote:Just wondering... what's the "tech" package? Is it something different than the convenience package?
The Technology Package is a package available in Canada, which is basically the US's Convenience and Audio packages combined.

toby

Thanks for clearing up the "tech" package thing for me. Can the convenience and audio be separated though? If so, I'd think going aftermarket would be better, since you can get a better system all around. Just my two cents...

Elmojo
Car: 2007 Versa SL

I've noticed that the colors in the brochure and on the web site are all a bit lighter in person. As for the 'Arctic White', you are thinking of the Honda Fit. The Versa comes in 'Fresh Powder', which is....well...white. So I guess there's really not much difference, except that Arctic White sounds much better!

Ever Victorious

Toby - in the US, they are two separate packages. In Canada, they are one package.

Elmojo - "Fresh Powder" (US) = "Arctic White" (Canada)

purpleversa

Yes, thank you everyone who has defended the colour. And yes, in Canada color is colour and Fresh Powder is Arctic White! I have always thought of the gray to take on the colour of the sky, mysterious and ever changing. That is why I loved it at first. But then, you get a few naysayers saying thing like “is that the only colour it comes in”, and “what other colours did it come in”, and “you are a young girl and that looks like an old man/army truck gray” and my favorite “why would you get THAT colour”. I literally deflated like a happy balloon and started to regret my choice and seriously crave white. I would stare longingly at all white cars on the road, beaters or not. I guess I will just make do and put a white hello kitty car sticker on the hatch window!

yerrago
Car: 92 Pathfinder 3" Lifts, 32" tires

Just stick with your choice. After all, there are lots of oldies that want to look young and get punk colors. Then when you go side to side with them on your Versa with your Hello Kitty, you'll look fabulous! Besides, in a few more years there will be tons of grannies named "Amber."

If you have some cash to spare, you could change your seat covers to something brighter, like yellow inside with black outside panels. Hmmm... wonder how it'll turn out. The real problem with gray is that it is neutral, and it's hard to find colors other than black to work with it. But prove me wrong.

I'm getting same color as yours.I think I'll get black neoprene with schoolbus yellow piping. That'll just do the trick. Check out http://www.wetokole.com website.

Elmojo
Car: 2007 Versa SL

Ever Victorious wrote:Elmojo - "Fresh Powder" (US) = "Arctic White" (Canada)
Oops! My mistake.The Honda white is actually "Teffeta White" which in my opinion is even worse that "Fresh Powder"! Why can't these people just admit that's it's white? I understand that there are more shades of 'white' and 'black' than all other colors combined, but really!Sorry, venting over.

toby

More shades of white, sure... but what shades of black are there? I mean, black is black. Oh, there's deep blues that approach the appearance of black, but they're still blue. I'm unfamiliar with variations in black, and would find it quite amusing should I one day find something listed as being available in a color such as "light" black!

yerrago
Car: 92 Pathfinder 3" Lifts, 32" tires

If you put milori blue into black pigment, the black will actually appear more black. If you put some blue into white, white will appear more white. Blue does some tricks on the eyes by changing the wavelength to a degree that white appears to look whiter and black appear blacker. That's from my former life as a plant manager at a plant making inks.

purpleversa

Here is something that I have noticed. The 'body coloured mirrors' on my Magnetic Gray Versa SL are an obvious different shade of gray than the actual body of the car, and this is not a light trick. The mirror body colour is much more dark and creamy than the rest of the car. This is annoying, as it is the exact colour I thought the ENTIRE car was going to be. Has anyone else noticed this? Or are body coloured mirrors usually different than that of the rest of the body colour they are supposed to ‘match’?

OKVersa
Car: Nissan Versa

We bought the Magnetic Gray and love it. However, it wasn't my first choice. It was either this in the CVT or black in the manual. So with no choices, we decided to love Magnetic Gray!

We noticed the first day, that the color depends on the surroundings. Parked next to our son's green minivan, it took on that green. In the sunlight it is almost silver, and next to my mom's blue car, it looked blue-gray. In the shade, standing alone, it looks brown.

But I think we will like the car.

TheToE

Why would you buy a car if you didnt like the color? You wouldnt. So screw what other people think as long as you like it. I have the metallic gray as well, and I wouldnt take any other color!

OKVersa
Car: Nissan Versa

I believe I said I liked the color.

BenDupre
Car: 2007 Versa SL w/CVT, 2006 Quest 3.5

It's actually Tortilla White

Ben

Return to “Versa General Chat”