The button doesn't work anymore

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mcsincnj
Car: 2013 Rogue

On the rear liftgate of the 2103 Rogue just below the NISSAN emblem a little oval rubber button. Up until a month ago, it worked to unlock the rear lift. Then it stopped. I have searched the internet with no answers as to why it would stop working. I have checked the fuses for the door lock, but that was fine (and I suspected it would be b/c the doors still worked. Every search gave me info about the release near the licence plate.

If I knew what this was called, I might have had better luck. If anyone has an answer, I'll buy you a beer! :cheers:

Thanks in advance
m

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Did you checked all of the fuses related to the trunk and the buttons? Did you even tested the fuses, to see whether any fuse(s) were bad? If any fuse was bad, that would be your answer. If any fuse was not bad, then its the electrical wiring that sends the power to the hatch.

mcsincnj

I didn't check all the fuses under the dash board, just the one that was related to the locks and one I pulled by mistake. I need to get smaller hands too. But I will, are there any other places they might be? The manual didn't show any others unless I missed it.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

1. Hatch Release Button.
2. Car parts break/wear out. You're driving a 2013, the 2019 models are now hitting the showroom floor. There's been lots of discussion on these boards about the shorter than normal life span of Nissan parts.

mcsincnj

Isn't the Hatch Release Button the one just above the licence plate? Where the licence plate lamps are located?
I am not referring to that button.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

You mean the lock/unlock button?

mpattdu
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

Nissan calls those Intelligent Key request switches. If the ones on the front driver and passenger side doors are still working, then maybe it's a problem with the receiver in the rear hatch. The manual covers the Intelligent Key operations starting on page 3-10 and includes a troubleshooting guide that might be worth checking out.

Return to “Rogue Forum”