the big question (again?)

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Zinki2Koki
Car: cars

OK I'm just simply asking because I can't seem to find the correct response. If I were to purchase a front clip with a RB25DET. Can I get it installed and runnning in my s14 240 without purchasing any other items?

christopher
Car: music, cars, my girl

no, as far as I know you will need to get a fair amount of custom piping, front mount intercooler, downpipe....

Keep in mind that you are putting a six cylinder int a car that was built for a four cylinder engine and there is a reason that most shops charge a lot for this sort of install.

Although you will no doubt find it easier than say, a chevy 350, you will still not just be able to bolt the engine in and run it.

I would definetly search on this one. There are many smarter people on this board then me. ;)

9ball
Car: gamb|ing at pool

Actually a chevy 350 would be easier. They're not any longer than a 4 cylinder and is by far the most common engine to modify into other kinds of cars. I've seen everything from K cars to MGB's with chevy 350s under the hood. Actually, it would be a much more tempting and cost effective project than an RB. The baddest 240z I've ever seen had a small block chevy. It's a black one and there's a video of it on the internet somewhere I'll have to look for it.

Zinki2Koki
Car: cars

well i am going to do the install myself since i have access to any tool, lift, and machining tools I need. I would definitely look you up if you didn't live on the other side of the United States. I would appreciate any help you can give me though, I will probably use you for my front clip. I'll give you a call in the future.

Siddhartha
Car: cars computers women martial arts

Night, where are you, Washington state or D.C.?EDIT: Nm, he answered on AIM

Top Speed Coupe
Car: Cars

I hear the RB is a direct bolt on except the tranny just have to flip the mount. The wiring is the tricky part. Good Luck

PS-I been in contact with Night he is very good people n very knowledgeable

mattback
Car: being a big f'ng ricer

night x cz 77/

does your car even run?

Top Speed Coupe
Car: Cars

ya Night u told me He is great with all sorts of help... All people should be cool like him.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”